Black Bean Brownies.
Ok I know it sounds totally weird, which is why I had to try this recipe! I mean who puts black beans in dessert!?
Wait, You don’t know Esther the Wonder Pig!? Yikes you must go see her! She is fabulous and her story is amazing!
Now, I have seen recipes for Black Bean Brownies floating around the net for a while and finally decided to see what this was all about.
I am so glad I did!
These brownies are amazing!
You know me, I have a deep and meaningful relationship with chocolate, and the darker the better!
Well let me tell you, these black bean brownies are so rich, so chocolate-y, so moist and fudge-y you are going to be amazed #1 that they are Gluten Free and well, by now we should know #2 is a bunch of gibberish because Vegan Desserts are freaking awesome!!
This recipe is so easy to make all you need is a food processor and about an hour and you are on your way to brownie heaven!
- Black Beans 2 - 15oz cans drained and rinsed
- Flax Meal ¼ cup (32g)
- Milk Alternative of choice ¼ cup (60ml)
- Cocoa Powder (I used Dutch process) 1 cup (90g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (7g)
- Maple Syrup ½ cup (120ml)
- Vegan Butter 3 Tablespoons (42g)
- Brown Sugar ¼ cup (53g)
- Vegan Chocolate Chips ½ cup
- Walnuts ½ cup
- Melt the vegan butter and then combine all the ingredients (except the nuts and chips) together in a food processor and process smooth.
- Spread the batter into a lightly greased and parchment lined 8" X 8" baking pan
- Sprinkle the nuts & chips on top
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 35 - 45 minutes.
- Cool before removing from the pan then cut into desired portion size
Refrigerate for longer storage or freeze wrapped well for up to 1 month