If you love Oreos (and who doesn’t?) You are going to love this new creation that combines so many ideas into one luscious sinful cookie bar!
Black & White Oreo Cookie Tart is basically two kinds of Oreos, combined with my chocolate chip cookie recipe, stuffed into a tart and baked to sweet gooey perfection.
You can stop there and have yourself some grab and go cookie bars for a quick snack or go all out over the top ice cream sundae dessert!
Of course you know which route I took, because I cannot get enough Ben & Jerry’s non dairy Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream!
I mention in the video below that if you don’t have the tart pan I am using or if you just want to go traditional pie style it’s your choice.
Vegan Chocolate Chips are not that easy to find but I order mine online here
- Golden Oreos 14 + a few for the top
- Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter 2Tablespoons (28g)
- Regular Chocolate Oreos 12 or enough to make 1 cup crushed + a few for the top
- Chickpea Water ½ cup (120ml)
- Cream of Tartar ¼ teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour ½ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Vegan Butter 12 Tablespoons (168g)
- Vegan Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Vegan Brown Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- White Chocolate Chips ½ cup
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips ½ cup
- Crush the golden oreos with the melted coconut oil in a food processor and then press into a lightly greased tart pan with a removeable bottom (or a pie plate)
- Freeze crust while you prepare the rest of the recipe
- Crush the regular chocolate oreos in the food processor and set aside
- Cream the vegan butter with both sugars until light & fluffy approx 3-5minutes
- Add the vanilla extract and the then flour and crushed oreos, mix well then add the chips
- In a clean bowl with a whip attachment whip the aquafaba with the cream of tartar to medium stiff peaks
- Fold the bean meringue into the cookie dough batter and then pour into the prepared golden oreo crust.
- Sprinkle more crushed oreos on top and then baker in a preheated 325°F oven for approximately 50-60 minutes depending on the depth of your tart or pir. It will looked puffed and not jiggly when you shale the pan
- Once you remove from the oven it will collapse
- Cool completely before slicing
Freeze wrapped well for longer storage up to 2 months