Here is another great recipe using the Plant Based Egg egg replacer by Freely Vegan.
You will love all the recipes using this egg replacer as it makes baking easy and successful every time.
This recipe makes great cupcakes too!
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cups + 3 Tablespoons (212g)
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (6g)
- Baking Soda 1½ teaspoons (6g)
- Coconut Oil 7 Tablespoons (98g)
- Hot Water or brewed coffee 1¾ cup (414ml)
- Dutch Process or Natural Cocoa Powder ¾ cup (70g)
- Plant Based Egg 4 teaspoons (10g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- 1 Recipe Buttercream of your Choice
- Combine the flour, plant based egg, sugar, salt, baking powder & soda together in a large mixing bowl
- Combine the coconut oil, 1½ cup hot water and cocoa powder together and whisk smooth
- Add the cocoa mixture and the vanilla extract to the flour mixture and whisk smooth
- Pour batter into 3 greased and parchment lined cake pans and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25 -35 minutes or until the layers are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool cakes in the pan then flip them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely while you prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice