Ok first things first, I AM NOT much of a cake decorator anymore, BUT I did have fun with this one!
This whole cake idea stemmed from the Gingerbread Coffin.
Originally I was going to make ONLY the coffins, filled with ganache and dripping in raspberry “blood” as a cute little individual dessert treat.
But I thought, let me have a go at a fun Halloween Graveyard Cake!
I am not sure which part of this cake I am happiest about, the Pumpkin Velvet Cake, the Gingerbread Coffin or my first foray with marshmallow spider webs! LOL
See how much fun I had?
I know you will too, so give it a go!
The best part about decorating Halloween Cakes is that you don’t need much skills because the worse they look, the creepier they are!
The decor is optional, but if you decide to do it the way I did, you will need 1 bag of Dandies Marshmallows, 6 ounces vegan semi sweet chocolate for the scary trees, 6 – 8 ounces of vegan white chocolate for the bones & to glue the gingerbread coffin together and a ½ recipe of Gingerbread Dough to make the coffin.
But if you want to make this cake as I show you here, the recipes are listed below
In the video I said I used 8" square pans, but I actually used 9"- whatever you have is fine, 1" really doesn't make a big difference here, and you will also need the pumpkin cake recipe 2X not 3X as I incorrectly stated in the video.
- 2X Recipe Pumpkin Cake baked into 9" square cake pans
- 1Recipe Buttercream * I used the American Style Recipe
- Cinnamon 3 teaspoons
- Ginger 2 teaspoons
- Cloves ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ¾ teaspoon
- 2X Recipe Ganache
- Prepare 2X the cake recipe as per the instructions on that blog post, divide the batter between 3- 9" (or 8") square pans that have been greased and parchment lined.
- **If you do not have 3- pans it is OK to let the batter sit on the counter while the others bake.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the buttercream as per the instructions on that blog post and add the last stage of mixing add all the spices.
- Prepare the ganache
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video tutorial
For longer storage keep in the refrigerator for up to 9 days
Hi Gretchen. I didn’t see the link for the video tutorial and could hardly see the recipe and pictures because of the ads. I am wondering if I logged in incorrectly or is this what is happening to your site? Please advise. Thanks, Bonnie Mann
Hi Bonnie thanks for the heads up, there is actually no video yet, I still have to edit it, I am doing that right now! Sorry for the ads, I know it is annoying, but it is the only way I can make a buck doing this! (aside from my awesome Patrons of course who pick up the ingredients cost!!) #YOU! <3
Where is the vegan brownie recipe? I have been trying to look for a perfect vegan brownie and your recipe looks like it could be !!