Yes another cheesecake! I know! I know! I am obsessed!
If you have ever tried any of my Vegan Cheesecake Recipes though, you will know why I can’t get enough of it!
Today Mango Cheesecake is the star with a fresh mango compote
to pile on top of my famous vegan NY Style Cheesecake
If you know anything about me and my cheesecake obsesssion
You will know that I have been adding everything but the kitchen sink to it to make tons of different fabulous combinations!
Click the links below for more of the best cheesecake recipes!
Notes for Success:
Some people wonder why I use regular cake pans for my cheesecake recipes instead of the Springform pan
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams.
You may notice that my base recipe for cheesecake is always the same with an occasional variation to the amount of sugar or an added spice
And at times I add an addition of firm tofu in place of some of the cream cheese for a lightened up version and to cut some of the fat calories
I do not find an extremely noticeable difference in the outcome so for me I like the tofu version best
Additionally I only use Tofutti Cream Cheese for my BAKED recipes *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes.
For some reason the other more expensive brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
If you want to see that disaster caught on video check out my Cranberry Cheesecake where I used Violife for the first time.
But let’s get back to this luscious combination of mango and pure vanilla goodness!
- For the Cheesecake Batter:
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 12ounce (340g)
- Firm Tofu 4 ounces (113g) **see note above
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- For the Crust:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs 1½ cups
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (56g) *optional (I often leave out the extrs sugar!)
- Melted Vegan Butter 4 Tablespoons (56g)
- For the Mango Compote:
- 2 Large Mango small diced (approx 2 cups)
- Water ½ cup (118ml)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (25g)
- Cornstarch 2 tablespoons (16g)
- Water 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- Prepare the crust by crushing approx 10 sheets of graham crackers with the sugar in a food processor and then add the melted vegan butter
- Press it into the prepared 7" cake pan and freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Place all cheesecake ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate overnight before unmolding
- In the meantime you can make the Mango Compote by combining the first measure of sugar with the first measure of water and bring to a boil.
- Combine the second measure of water with the cornstarch and second measure of sugar and whisk smooth (this is called a slurry)
- Once the sugar water in the pot comes to a boil add the slurry and whisk smooth while bringing back to a full rolling boil to activate the cornstarch.
- Remove from the heat and add the diced mangoes, stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool completely then refrigerate overnight and top the cheesecake with it in the morning.