What happened to me?
I went from being a No Bake Dessert Hater ~ to a No Bake Dessert Lover!
I guess it’s the Taurus in me that takes some prodding to get me into new territory; but once I get there, look out!
Well now let me introduce probably the easiest and most original of all the no bake desserts; Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Tart.
Simple, pure and unadulterated since it is not much more than pure chocolate ganache poured into a tart shell!
But this time I have a wonderful (and healthful) crust made from pumpkin seeds, nuts, oats and dates.
No sugar added to this recipe whatsoever!
Oh wait except for the Raspberry Preserves I use in the bottom layer! But that is optional of course!
I know many people have a standard sized 9" tart mold in which case you will want to make the recipe below1½X
- For the Filling:
- Vegan Semi Sweet Chocolate 8 ounces
- Soy Milk or any milk alternative of your choice ½ cup (120ml)
- Raspberry Preserves ¼ cup
- For the Crust:
- Pumpkin Seeds ⅓ cup
- Pecans ⅓ cup
- Oats ¾ cup
- Dates 10 large dates
- Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter 4 Tablespoons
- * I use Earth balance Vegan Butter which is salted so I do not add salt to this, but you may if you are using coconut oil (just a pinch is good)
- First prepare the crust by combining the pumpkin seeds, oats, pecans and dates in a food processor until ground fine.
- Add the melted vegan butter and then press the entire mixture into the bottom and sides of a tart pan with a remove able bottom.
- Freeze the crust while you prepare the ganache.
- In a small sauce pot combine the chopped chocolate and the milk alternative
- Stir constantly over a low heat until melted and smooth
- Spread the raspberry preserves into the frozen tart crust and then pour the ganache over top
- Refrigerate until set
For longer storage wrap loosely with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days