Who needs chicken to make an awesome soup?
Not me! Try my No Chicken Soup recipe and you will see for yourself!
I’ve been making this soup for years and it is the cure for what ails ya!
Easy to make and enough for several meals.
Lately I have been trying to get myself into the habit of cooking with no oil.
It doesn’t change the outcome at all, meaning my food is still great and you don’t even need the oil.
It’s more of changing habits since we have been cooking with oil our whole lives, but once you see how unnecessary it is, well… it’s easy to get out of that habit.
Add whatever veggies you like best in any combination you like the most, or keep it simple with the standard carrots, celery & onions.
I serve mine with brown rice pasta spirals for an instant soul warming meal!
This recipe was part of my video for ‘What I Eat in a Day” on my vlog series on Youtube for How to Cook Vegan for Beginners
- Vegetable Bouillon 2 Tablespoons
- Water 2 Quarts
- Celery 4 large ribs chopped
- Carrots 3 large peeled & chopped
- Onion 2 medium (approx 1½ cups chopped)
- Zucchini Squash or Yellow Squash 2 small chopped
- Mushrooms 1¼ cups sliced
- Fresh Garlic 4 cloves
- Fresh Grated Ginger 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Parsley ½ cup chopped
- Scallions ¾ cup
- Kale 2 cups torn leaves
- Tumeric 2 teaspoons
- Dried Thyme ¼ cup
- Bay Leaf 2
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Squeezed lemon 1 small lemon
- Pasta *optional
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese *optional
- Cook the celery, onions, garlic and carrots in a large stock pot with a small amount of water (4 tablespoons?) to get them steaming.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and stir well to coat
- Add the water and bring it up to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and add the rest of the veggies and seasonings and let simmer for at least an hour then add the lemon juice and adjust to taste with salt & pepper
- Serve with brown rice pasta and a sprinkling of vegan parmesan cheese