So remember those Pumpkin Streusel Muffins I made last week?
Well I didn’t tell you this, but that same day I also made a pumpkin bread out of it for the sole purpose of making this Pumpkin Bread Pudding with spiced whipped cream!
Secrets secrets, but obviously I can’t keep them for very long!
When I owned my bakery people would start asking for pumpkin bread at the beginning of September; however we were still making the blueberry breads, and lemon loaves at that time as we started to wind down from summer.
Pumpkin bread and other pumpkin desserts didn’t really hit the scene until early to mid October, especially because in New Jersey it could still be 75°F on October 1st!
But the demand was just so great that Pumpkin Bread eventually made its way to the production list by first week of October.
This then opened the door for the next great thing.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding.
Oh how I love a hefty scoop of warm pumpkin bread pudding loaded up with fall spiced coconut whipped cream!
I’ve added raisins to mine, but I know many people have an aversion to raisins so of course you can leave those out!
I thought dried cranberries or even pecans would be a nice addition, so you can really add anything you like.
Pumpkin has a way of complimenting so many different add ins, like chocolate, nuts and all the dried fruits; so get creative and make this one your own!
- Soy Milk or any milk alternative of your choice 1½ cup (180ml)
- Vegan Butter or Margarine 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg 2 tablespoons
- Cold Water ¼ cup (60ml)
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Granulated Sugar or Maple Syrup ¼ cup
- Cornstarch 1 Tablespoon (10g)
- Raisins ½ cup
- 1 Baked Pumpkin Bread **NO STREUSEL
- For the whipped cream:
- 1 Can Full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- Vegan Sugar 2tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- Bake and cool your pumpkin bread recipe ahead of time and I like to put mine in the refrigerator to get it cold so it is easier to cut and keep in cubes.
- Chop it into 1" chunks and place in an 8" x 8" baking dish with the raisins
- Combine the vegan egg with the cold water and whisk smooth
- Melt the vegan butter and then add it to a mixing bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and the add the vegan egg paste, whisk smooth
- Add the soy milk and whisk everything smooth then pour over the pumpkin bread in the baking dish
- Bake in water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes
- The pudding will be set and start to bubble just slightly
- Remove from the oven and cool before serving with coconut whipped cream
- Be sure to refrigerate the can(s) of coconut milk the night before
- Scoop the fat from the top of the can and discard the liquid (or use it for smoothies or other recipes)
- Whip it with the sugar and vanilla extract to stiff peaks