Here is another great recipe using the Plant Based Egg egg replacer by Freely Vegan.
You will love all the recipes using this egg replacer as it makes baking easy and successful every time.
Vanilla Cake Recipe
I am using 7" cake pans for 3 layers of cake (You can use 8" pans for a 2 layer cake instead)
Serves: serves 8-10
- White Vinegar 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Soy Milk 1½ cup (355ml) *or any milk alternative of your choice
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoon (10ml)
- Cake Flour 2½ cup (300g)
- Plant Based Egg 3 teaspoons (7.5g)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cup (300g)
- Baking Powder 4 teaspoons (20g)
- Salt 1 teaspoon (6g)
- Vegan Butter 12 Tablespoons (170g)
- 1 recipe Buttercream of your choice
- Add the vinegar to the soy milk to sour then add the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour with the plant based egg, the baking powder and salt
- Cream the vegan butter with the sugar until light and fluffy and this may take about 3-5 minutes on medium to high speed
- Add about ¼ cup of the soy milk to the creaming mixture while mixing on medium speed, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate evenly, whip on high for 30 seconds
- Add about ⅓ of the flour to the creamed mixture while mixing on low speed just until combined, then add half of the remaining soured milk
- Add another ⅓ of the flour and then the remaining sour milk
- Add the last amount of flour and mix just to combine evenly.
- Portion the batter between your greased and parchment lined cake pans and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice by following the recipe on that blog post
- Ice the cake with your favorite buttercream and filling of choice