Hulk Smash Power Cupcakes are lean, mean, green and loaded with protein!
After all they say a cupcake is merely a muffin with icing and I definitely agree!
Another preview from my recent cookbook Modern Vegan Baking
This recipe in my book is for breakfast muffins
Today I’ve added buttercream icing and now they are dessert!
The icing is optional of course and believe me these little cups of cake surely don’t need much help
But I like to balance my healthy side with some sinful decadence and these Hulk Smash Power Cupcakes do a great job!
Bruce Banner by day and Hulk Smash by night!
You will notice I am using vegan protein powder as an ingredient here to jack up that protein count
But if you don’t have that or don’t want to buy it you can replace with almond or coconut flour instead
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE FULL YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO MAKE THESE CUPCAKES
Hulk Smash Power Cupcakes
For those that want to skip the protein powder, replace it with ¼ cup of whole wheat (or regular) flour or more oats
Serves: 12 Cupcakes
- Spinach Fresh Packed 2 cups
- Mashed Banana 1 medium (½ cup)
- Soy Milk ¾ cup (180ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Melted Coconut Oil 4 tablespoons (60ml)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Agave or Maple Syrup ¾ cup
- Vegan Protein Powder ½ cup
- Old Fashioned Oats 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (125g)
- ½ Recipe Buttercream of your choice
- Adding Spirulina rather than food color will give this buttercream a vibrant color green!
- Combine all the ingredients for the cupcakes in a blender or food processor and blend smooth
- Portion into lightly sprayed cupcake liners and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream of your choice as per the recipe instructions
- Ice cupcakes when completely cooled
Cupcakes can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days in an airtight container
Is there a substitute for the protein powder? Maybe oat flour?
Yes! I did make a note on the written recipe to do exactly that! oat flour or regular will be fine
Hi Gretchen. Thanks for this recipe. I’d like to make them chocolate for my daughter’s birthday to bring to school. Would you recommend cocoa powder or melted chocolate?