Hulk Smash Power Cupcakes are lean, mean, green and loaded with protein!
Another preview from my recent cookbook Modern Vegan Baking
This recipe is for breakfast muffins, but today I’ve added buttercream icing and now they are dessert!
After all they say a cupcake is merely a muffin with icing, and I definitely agree!
Besides I like to balance my healthy side with some sinful decadence and these Hulk Smash Power Cupcakes do a great job!
Bruce Banner by day and Hulk Smash by night!
- Spinach Fresh Packed 2 cups
- Mashed Banana 1 medium (½ cup)
- Soy Milk ¾ cup (180ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Melted Coconut Oil 4 tablespoons (60ml)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Agave or Maple Syrup ¾ cup
- Vegan Protein Powder ½ cup
- Old Fashioned Oats 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (125g)
- ½ Recipe Buttercream of your choice
- Adding Spirulina rather than food color will give this buttercream a vibrant color green!
- Combine all the ingredients for the cupcakes in a blender or food processor and blend smooth
- Portion into lightly sprayed cupcake liners and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream of your choice as per the recipe instructions
- Ice cupcakes when completely cooled