The perfect peanut butter cookie just got all twisted up and filled with chocolate!
Yes, my Inside Out Peanut Butter Cookie Cups just got veganized!
I love this recipe so much and if you have a mini muffin pan you already are half way there!
If you love peanut butter cookies you will love this new spin on the classic.
Slightly crispy outside with a softer chewy middle and filled to the brim with ganache!
Of course if you just want the best classic peanut butter cookies, scoop them onto a parchment lined sheet pan, cover the tops with granulated sugar, give them the old fork indent and away you go!
You may see that I am using The Plant Based Egg by Freely Vegan as the egg replacer in almost all of my desserts now. If you do not want to buy it or cannot get it, you can sub in another proprietary blend egg replacer of your choice results may vary.
- Vegan Butter 6 Tablespoons (85g)
- Creamy Peanut Butter ¾ cup (180g)
- Light Brown Sugar packed 1¼ cup (255g)
- Plant Milk 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- The Plant Based Egg 2 teaspoons (4.8g)
- All Purpose Flour 2 cup (250g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- ½ Vegan Ganache Recipe
- Peanuts finely chopped ¼ cup
- Cream the vegan butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until well blended, no need for light and fluffy here~ about 1 minute on high speed.
- Add the vanilla extract to the plant milk and then add only half of it slowly to the creaming mixture scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl often for an even mix. Reserve the other half for last
- Sift the flour, egg replacer, baking soda and salt and then add it to the creaming mixture while blending on low until all incorporated.
- With a #100 Scoop drop rounded scoops into each cavity.
- Press the dough with your fingers so it spreads to the sides of each cavity
- Bake for 12 minutes or when they are light golden brown
- Allow to cool in the tins slightly then unmold onto a cooling rack, flip them over and then I like to press them slightly to make a bigger indent to fit more chocolate in the centers!
- Once the cookies are cooled~ fill the sunken centers with vegan ganache and sprinkle with chopped peanuts