Another Classic Recipe veganized and better than ever!
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies happen to be my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in disguise!
Just Leave out the chocolate chips and dunk each dough ball in cinnamon sugar.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside and super chewy on the inside!
Ready in less than one hour with no weird egg replacers or obscure vegan ingredients!
I have been getting back to the basics lately with natural or NO egg replacers in my recipes
I was never a grand fan of Aquafaba in cake recipes but I happen to love it in cookie recipes
If you don’t have aquafaba you can simply replace it with 2 Tablespoons of flax meal added to 1/3 cup of hot water instead
Pro Bakery Tip:
To prevent spreading of your cookies, refrigerate the scooped dough balls while you preheat the oven
I also like to make large batches of cookie dough so I can freeze the dough balls for up to 2 months!
Just grab a few balls of dough out of the freezer, roll them in cinnamon sugar and bake as usual!
For more variations using Snickerdoodle Cookie dough click the links below!
- Vegan Butter 1 cup (226g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Light Brown Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Salt 1 teaspoon (6g)
- Aquafaba 1/3 cup (77ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- All Purpose Flour 3½ cups (435g)
- Baking Soda 1¼ teaspoon
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon
For the cinnamon sugar for rolling:
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Cream the vegan butter with both sugars and the salt in the bowl of your electric mixer with the paddle attachment
- Cream for 3 minutes on medium speed or until light & fluffy
- Add the aquafaba slowly while mixing on low speed until incorporated
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl then add the vanilla extract and mix on high speed for 20 seconds to emulsify
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and then add all at once to the creamed mixture.
- Mix just until it comes together
- Combine the cinnamon & sugar for rolling in a small bowl
- With a 2 ounce scoop portion the dough into the bowl of cinnamon sugar, roll them around to coat them place onto a parchment lined sheet pan spaced 2" apart
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden browned
- Cool slightly then enjoy!
I use a 2 ounce cookie scoop for my cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F
Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning
Cookies will stay fresh for up to 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature
You can also freeze un-baked dough, by scooping the dough into a parchment lined sheet pan, freeze and then transfer to a zip lock bag for up to 2 months