Snickers Cheesecake. It’s so satisfying!
If you don’t know me by now you probably don’t know that my vegan cheesecake recipes are unmatched.
I am the famous Vegan Cheesecake Queen!
Yes I can confidently say that because, well…it’s true.
Try it for yourself and you will see!
How about starting with this Snickers Cheesecake?
I’m pretty sure you will convert your non vegan friends in an instant with this one!
Fudge brownie base with a a layer of roasted peanuts and caramel swirl throughout the dense and creamy New York Style Cheesecake batter!
More caramel and peanuts on top and a hefty drizzle of chocolate ganache!
Today I used a date caramel recipe by A Virtual Vegan because I wanted to get away from using so much refined sugar in this recipe.
Between the chocolate ganache, cheesecake batter & the brownie base it’s kinda chock full of refined sugar.
So the date caramel was a good idea and I absolutely love it
Except that mine turned out so dark compared to hers; but it’s so delicious that I kinda don’t even care!
I then proceeded to try another recipe that was basically just a peanut butter sauce
But the two recipes mixed together was a major win!
This particular cheesecake recipe is unique from my others because I don’t typically use a brownie or cake base baked into the actual cheesecake batter; I usually just stick it onto the baked cheesecake after it’s been cooled.
Kinda like here in my Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe.
So the fact that I baked this cheesecake right on top of the pre-baked brownie base, called for a taller cake pan to bake everything into.
Because of this I used a 3″ depth pan rather than the 2″ cake pans I always use.
Additionally if you are new here you may be wondering how on earth am I even baking cheesecakes in a cake pan!?
Well, I’m glad you asked.
Believe me once you try the cake pan method you will never go back to a springform pan!
I’ve converted hundreds of thousands of cheesecake bakers over my years on YouTube!
But real quick, back to the depth of that cake pan in regards to this recipe
Because of this deeper pan and the amount of ingredients in it, I had to increase the bake time on the cheesecake portion to one hour and a half versus the usual one hour bake time my cheesecakes usually get.
I am still keeping it in the oven for the additional hour after shutting the oven down though, to cool down slowly and firmly
But the most important thing is to just be wary of that extra bake time and whatever you do ~~ Jiggle Jiggle Jiggle TEST!
Skip to 4:09 in that video to see the actual Jiggle Test in action!
One more important thing before we get to the recipe and that is that I only use Tofutti Brand Cream Cheese for baking! *not sponsored
I have had major fails with every other brand!
One more important thing is that I only use Tofutti Brand Cream Cheese for baking! *not sponsored I have had major fails with every other brand when it comes to BAKING!
- For the Brownie Base
- All Purpose Flour 1 cups (125g)
- Baking Powder ⅓ teaspoon
- Salt ⅓ teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar 5.5oz (155g) *this is about ¾ cup
- Vegan Butter 6 Tablespoons (85g)
- Molasses 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Strong Brewed Coffee 3 fluid ounces (88ml)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate 1½ ounces (43g)
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 9 Tablespoons (43g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- For the Cheesecake Batter
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 16ounce (454g)
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
- ½ Recipe Vegan Ganache for drizzle *optional
- 1 recipe Date Caramel by A Virtual Vegan
- Roasted Peanuts approximately 1½ cups
- First prepare the brownie base and bring the vegan butter & molasses to a boil in a small sauce pot
- Add the cocoa powder & the chocolate and whisk to melt smooth
- Add the hot coffee and then transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract & the sugar
- Whisk smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the batter and stir just to combine, do not over mix
- Spread into the greased & parchment lined cake pan
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 18 minutes *it may seem under baked that's ok, it gets baked longer once you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Prepare the caramel date recipe *or any caramel recipe you like the best and then spread about ¼ cup on top of the baked and cooled brownie *still in the pan
- Sprinkle with approximately 1 cup of the roasted peanuts, set it aside
- Prepare the cheesecake batter by placing all of the cheesecake ingredients into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Pour the batter into the pre baked and slightly cooled brownie base in the same cake pan and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 90 minutes
- After 90 minutes turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool slowly for another 30 minutes
- Remove the cheesecake cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch or by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Vegan Cheesecakes unmold very easily so flip int out onto your serving platter then garnish and decorate as shown in the video
If you want to also make the Peanut Butter sauce and mix the two together like I did or just use it as a drip sauce, it was equal parts Peanut Butter, Agave and Coconut Oil melted (I used 2 Tbs of each)
Just whisk everything together and you have a nice pour able sauce for just about anything!