Snickers Cheesecake is everything you expect it to be!
If you know anything about me you probably know that my vegan cheesecake recipes are unmatched.
I’ve come to be known on all of social media as the Vegan Cheesecake Queen
Try it for yourself and you will see! How about starting with this Snickers Cheesecake?
I’m pretty sure you will convert your non vegan friends in an instant with this one!
Fudge brownie base with a a layer of roasted peanuts and caramel swirl throughout the dense and creamy New York Style Cheesecake batter!
More caramel and peanuts on top and a hefty drizzle of chocolate ganache!
Today I used a date caramel recipe because I wanted to get away from using so much refined sugar in this recipe.
Between the chocolate ganache, cheesecake batter and the brownie base it’s kinda chock full of refined sugar, so the date caramel was a good idea and I absolutely love it
Notes for Success:
Because of this deeper pan and the amount of ingredients in it, I had to increase the bake time on the cheesecake portion to 90 minutes versus the usual one hour bake time
However I am still keeping it in the oven for the additional hour after shutting the oven down to cool down slowly
But the most important thing is to just be wary of that extra bake time and whatever you do ~~ Jiggle Jiggle Jiggle TEST!
Skip to 4:09 in that video to see the actual Jiggle Test in action!
Tofutti Cream Cheese is the only brand I will use for my BAKED recipes *not sponsored
I had not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes; for some reason some other brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
Until more recently I tried Violife again and it works! Although I still prefer the Tofutti brand
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume/spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
For the Brownie Base
- All Purpose Flour 1 cups (125g)
- Baking Powder 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt 1/3 teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar 5.5oz (155g) *this is about ¾ cup
- Vegan Butter 6 Tablespoons (85g)
- Molasses 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Strong Brewed Coffee 3 fluid ounces (88ml)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate 1½ ounces (43g)
- Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 9 Tablespoons (43g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
For the Cheesecake Batter
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 16ounce (454g)
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
- ½ Recipe Vegan Ganache
For the Date Caramel:
- Medjool dates 1 cup approx 12 dates (212g)
- Raw Cashews ½ cup (75g)
- Full Fat Plant Milk 1/3 cup (80ml)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Roasted Peanuts approximately 1½ cups
- First prepare the brownie base and bring the vegan butter & molasses to a boil in a small sauce pot
- Add the cocoa powder & the chocolate and whisk to melt smooth
- Add the hot coffee and then transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract & the sugar
- Whisk smooth
- Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into the batter and stir just to combine, do not over mix
- Spread into the greased & parchment lined cake pan
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 18 minutes *it may seem under baked that's ok, it gets baked longer once you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Prepare the caramel date recipe by first pitting the medjool dates then bring the cashews in about 1 cup of water to a boil, then let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Drain cashews and then add to a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend smooth~ Spread 1/4 cup on top of the baked and cooled brownie *still in the pan & reserve the rest for the topping
- Sprinkle with approximately 1 cup of the roasted peanuts, set it aside
- Prepare the cheesecake batter by placing all of the cheesecake ingredients into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Pour the batter into the pre baked and slightly cooled brownie base in the same cake pan and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 90 minutes
- After 90 minutes turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool slowly for another 30 minutes
- Remove the cheesecake cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch or by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Vegan Cheesecakes unmold very easily so flip int out onto your serving platter then garnish and decorate as shown in the video
Snickers Cheesecake must be kept refrigerated and will stay fresh for up to 1 week wrapped to prevent drying