Snowball Cookies also known as Italian Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes or Mexican Wedding Cookies.
Whatever you call them they are delicious!
Crispy inside with sweet and velvety nutty goodness!
I make snowball cookies every year to compliment my Christmas cookie platters
They are quite possibly my favorite cookies, and I guess because for me they remind me of Christmas I just naturally call them Snowball Cookies!
A perfect bite to pop in your mouth!
I have subbed in Pumpkin Seeds & Peanuts in place of the Walnuts & Pecans since some people are allergic to those nuts.
The results were spectacular and so much cheaper too!
- Vegan Butter 1 cup (226g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Pecans ¾ cup
- Walnuts ½ cup
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (250g)
- Confectioners Sugar for coating 1½ cup
- Lightly roast the nuts in a 300°F on a sheet pan for 5 minutes, then cool and process then fine in a food processor
- Turn the oven up to 350F while you make the cookie dough
- Cream the vegan butter with sugar just to combine well, this is one recipe where you do not want it to light & fluffy
- Then add the vanilla extract.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for an even mix, then add the sifted flour all at once and mix just until combined
- Add the cooled chopped nuts and mix well.
- Scoop the cookies with a #100 cookie scoop onto a parchment lined sheet pan spaced approximately 1" apart and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or light golden browned.
- Let cool for just a couple minuted then toss them gently into the confectioners sugar
- Shake off the excess, return the to the sheet pan and then sprinkle them with additional powdered sugar
store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks