It doesn’t have to be winter time to dig into these Snowball Cookies
Also known as Italian Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cake or Mexican Wedding cookies.
Well, whatever you call them they are delicious!
I have made these cookies every year to compliment my Christmas cookie platters for over two decades!
But I also love them all year round!
They are quite possibly my favorite cookies, and I guess because for me they remind me of Christmas I just naturally call them Snowball Cookies!
They are crispy inside with sweet and velvety nutty goodness!
A perfect bite to pop in your mouth!
You may notice the actual dough part is a very low sugar recipe, partly because they warm balls of bliss get rolled two times into powdered sugar right out of the oven for a sweet coating!
I have at times, subbed in Pumpkin Seeds & Peanuts in place of the Walnuts & Pecans since some people are allergic to those nuts.
The results were spectacular and so much cheaper too!
- Vegan Butter 1 cup (226g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Pecans ¾ cup
- Walnuts ½ cup
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (250g)
- Confectioners Sugar for coating 1½ cup
- Lightly roast the nuts in a 300°F on a sheet pan for 5 minutes, then cool and process then fine in a food processor
- Cream the vegan butter with sugar just to combine well, then add the vanilla extract.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for an even mix, then add the sifted flour all at once and mix just until combined
- Add the cooled chopped nuts and mix well.
- Scoop the cookies with a #100 cookie scoop onto a parchment lined sheet pan spaced approximately 1" apart and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or light golden browned.
- Let cool for just a couple minuted then toss them gently into the confectioners sugar
- Shake off the excess, return the to the sheet pan and then sprinkle them with additional powdered sugar