Yes another cheesecake! I know! I know! I am obsessed!
But if you have tried this new vegan base recipe for cheesecake you will know why!
It is so versatile that (as you know) I have been adding everything but the kitchen sink to it to make tons of different fabulous combinations!
Seriously if you have not yet tried it you are going to flip!
Most vegan cheesecakes I’ve seen are using cashew cream as the base, but here I have created a No Nut, No Dairy, No Egg version of cheesecake that will have you (and your non vegan guests) amazed that this is not the real deal!
Actually it is BETTER!
I am not just tooting my own horn though, because a couple times now I have brought these cheesecakes to dinner parties and all the guests (most non vegan) agreed that my cheesecake was better than any they had tasted before!
So here I have summer on the brain with a classic vanilla cheesecake, graham cracker crust and fresh mango compote on top.
Oh yeah, did I mention NO MIXER REQUIRED!?
Umm, yeah it just keeps getting better!
You will need a blender or a food processor though, but wait until you see how EASY Cheesecake making just got!
Who loves ya?
Me! Almost as much as I love this new cheesecake recipe! Almost…….
- For the Cheesecake Batter:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 1 package (8oz) (226g)
- Vegan Sour Cream ¼ cup (56g)
- Silken or Firm Tofu half package (7ounces) (196g)
- Vegan Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 2 Tablespoons
- All Purpose Flour 2 Tablespoons
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Lactic Acid 1 teaspoon OR Apple Cider Vinegar 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Melted Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Any Milk Alternative scant 1 cup (7 fl oz)
- For the Crust:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs 1½ cups
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup
- Melted Vegan Butter 3 Tablespoons
- For the Mango Compote:
- 2 Large Mangos small diced (approx 2 cups)
- Water ½ cup (120ml)
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (25g)
- Cornstarch 2 tablespoons (20g)
- Water 2 Tablespoons (30ml)
- Prepare the crust by crushing approx 10 sheets of graham crackers with the sugar in a food processor and then add the melted vegan butter
- Press it into the prepared 7" cake pan and freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- If you are using the vegan lactic acid add it to the milk alternative and whisk smooth
- Place all cheesecake ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a water bath in a preheated 335°F oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate overnight before unmolding
- In the meantime you can make the Mango Compote by combining the first measure of sugar with the first measure of water and bring to a boil.
- Combine the second measure of water with the cornstarch and second measure of sugar and whisk smooth (this is called a slurry)
- Once the sugar water in the pot comes to a boil add the slurry and whisk smooth while bringing back to a full rolling boil to activate the cornstarch.
- Remove from the heat and add the diced mangoes, stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool completely then refrigerate overnight and top the cheesecake with it in the morning.