Vegan Pasta Panang is one of my favorite dishes to make!
Not only is it fast and easy (you cna have it ready in just about 25 minutes!) it is so delicious!
I love spicy Thai food and this one packs a punch!
But not too much kick, just the right amount of heat in this perfect peanut sauce to go over all those beautiful veggies and Pad Thai style pasta!
For “chicken-less” vegan panang pasta add a package of cooked Gardien Chick’n Strips or any plant based meat alternative of your choice!
- Pad Thai style Pasta or Fettuccine 12 ounces
- Vegetables of Choice: I used:
- Assorted bell peppers, red, orange, yellow, green all julienne sliced total 1½ cups
- Red Cabbage Sliced 1½ cup
- Carrots 1 large carrot julienne sliced
- Celery Ribs 3 large sliced
- Onion 1 Medium sliced
- Vegetable Stock ½ cup
- For the Thai Peanut Sauce
- Vegetable Stock or Water 4 Tablespoons
- Peanut Butter creamy 3 Tablespoons
- Tamari or Soy Sauce *I use low sodium 6 Tablespoons
- Sriracha 2 Tablespoons
- Agave or Maple Syrup 4 Tablespoons
- Garlic minced 1 Tablespoon
- For garnish:
- Rice Vinegar 2 Tablespoons
- Scallions 4 stalks
- Sesame seeds 2 Tablespoons
- Peanuts 4 Tablespoons
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions, in a large pot of salted boiling water
- Prepare the veggies by slicing or chopping them
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and whisk smooth
- Steam/Saute the veggies (except the red cabbage) with the vegetable stock in a large saute pan or a wok until tender about 5 minutes then add the red cabbage and cook for another 3 minutes
- Add the sauce and whisk smooth as it boils add the cooked, drained pasta last
- Toss everything together well then add the rice vinegar and toss to coat
- Serve hot and garnish with optional chopped scallions, peanuts and sesame seeds
Just reheat on the stove or in the microwave