I rarely make cupcakes. Probably because I know I’d eat way too many since they are just too easy to eat when no one is looking!
But I’ll make an exception for these Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Guaranteed this is the most moist, delicious banana cupcakes you will ever try
The Cream Cheese Frosting is so perfect with these banana cupcakes
And with my new recipe for No Refrigerator~ No Cream Cheese Cream Cheese Icing
You really have no reason NOT to make these!
Nuts or no nuts~ this recipe is going to become one of your forever favorites!
You can even bake the batter into cake layers for an amazing Banana layer Cake!
Notes for Success:
Upon creation of this recipe you will see that I was using The Plant Based Egg ~ Egg Replacer by Freely Vegan
Since it is no longer available I have since stopped promoting it and I now use Bob’s Red Mill as a 1:1 sub
You can sub in any other dry blend egg replacer of your choice equivalent to 1 egg, or use 1 Tbs flax meal reconstituted with 3 Tbs of the plant milk from the recipe below.
I also use soy milk in most of my baking recipes but for those wanting to avoid soy, you can use any plant milk of your choice.
This original method of making vegan cream cheese icing is a very fragile one since vegan cream cheese likes to break down into a soupy mess when it is mixed too harshly
Don’t forget to check out the No Cream Cheese version of cream cheese icing instead of the recipe I show in the video!
For more Banana Recipes click the links below!
For the Banana Cupcakes:
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (140g)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon
- Vegan Butter 5 Tablespoons (70g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons (128g)
- Salt 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon ¾ teaspoon
- Egg Replace 2 teaspoons *see notes
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Ripe Mashed Banana 1 large for 1 cup volume (approx 175g)
- Plant Milk 1/3 cup (78ml) * I use soy milk
- Chopped lightly toasted walnuts *optional ½ cup
- 1 Recipe 222 Cream Cheese Icing
- For the banana cake batter:
- Cream the slightly softened vegan butter with the sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, this will take approximately 4 minutes.
- Stop and scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl for an even mix
- Sift the flour, baking powder & baking soda, the egg replacer with the salt & cinnamon.
- Combine the vanilla extract with the soy milk
- Once the butter is creamed sufficiently add 1/3 of the sifted dry ingredients & mix just until combined
- Add ½ of the soy milk vanilla & mix just until blended
- Add another 1/3 of the dry ingredients while mixing on low, then add the remaining milk and then the last of the dry.
- Add the mashed banana last along with the optional walnuts & mix well to incorporate
- Scoop the batter into paper lined cupcake molds filling ¾ full and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25 minutes or until springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool completely while you prepare the 2 2 2 cream cheese icing according to that recipe post
- Ice cupcakes and sprinkle with additional chopped toasted nuts *optional
Un-iced cupcakes can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container. refrigerate for longer storage up to 1 week
Iced cupcakes with Cream cheese icing must be refrigerated, unless you are using the 2-2-2 recipe then they can stay out at room temperature