These Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything all in one!
If you love soft, moist, chewy and slightly crispy cookies you came to the right place.
I know it seems impossible right?
Well let me just tell you the flax meal just makes baked goods super moist
While the melting of the vegan butter in this recipe will also retain moisture.
The melted butter will absorb some of that flour keeping them soft for days!
This combination makes these cookies chewy while creating a slightly crispy outside.
Yes, these cookies are basically everything all at once!
Pecans and Chocolate Chips made this cookie recipe my all time favorite!
But of course you can make substitutions as you prefer, since any nut will do or no nuts at all!
To make sure these cookies don’t spread more than necessary I will scoop them and place the sheet pan into the freezer to chill while I preheat the oven.
Alternatively the scooped cookie dough balls can be frozen for up to 1 month and then thawed completely before baking for perfect freshly baked cookies on a moments notice!
While it is not difficult to make these cookies I made a video just in case you want to see a visual!
For more of my awesome cookie recipes click the links below!
- Vegan Butter 8 Tablespoons (113g)
- Granulated Sugar 1/3 cup (66g)
- Light Brown Sugar 1/3 cup (70g)
- Ground Flax Seeds 1 Tablespoon (8g)
- Hot Water 3 Tablespoons (45ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cups (188g)
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon (2.5g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Pecans ½ cup (70g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the ground flax seeds and hot water and let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken
- Melt the vegan butter in a small sauce pot or in the microwave until it is just melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, the cool the butter slightly to lukewarm (you just don't want it hot) add to a large mixing bowl with both sugars and beat on medium to low speed until it is all incorporated, less than 1 minute should do.
- Add the thickened flax paste and mix to combine
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt and then add to the butter mixture and mix just to incorporate.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans and mix to combine
- Scoop cookies with a 1½ ounce or 2 ounce scoop onto a parchment lined sheet pan
- I like to add a few chips and nuts to the tops before baking so they look really nice when they come out (trick of the trade!)
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until they are starting to get golden browned, be careful not to over bake these if you like soft chewy insides!
Cookies will stay fresh for up to 1 week at room temperature in an airtight container or jar.
Cookies can be frozen baked or raw for up to 1 month in an airtight container