I almost always have chocolate ganache in the refrigerator because…ummm, I like to eat it by the spoons full.
Basically my point here, is that you can pretty much make anything new under the sun when you have the best base recipes to work with!
And just to make sure we are all in agreement, those base recipes are all right here at Gretchen’sVeganBakery.com LOL
You will know that this concept is the key to success in your baking journey!
Once you have an arsenal of perfectly tried and true base recipes you are now free to build them up
Combine them together and create the most amazing new recipes!
So we all know by now that my Baked Vegan Cheesecake Recipes are the best around.
Anyone who has tried them has never believed they are vegan
That’s how close to the authentic New York Cheesecake recipe it is!
Super creamy cheesecake that is a prefect canvas for your wildest imagination!
Grab the recipes below and make it just as I did
Or take this base cheesecake and get your own creative juices flowing!
NOTE: I mentioned that this was born out of a few “leftovers” which is why I only made a 5″ cake, but the recipe listed below is for a full 7″ cake to serve 8-10 people
Tofutti seems to be the only one that I can actually BAKE with. *not sponsored
- For the Crust
- 8ounces (approximately 1½ cups) of your favorite cookie crushed to fine crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons Vegan Butter Melted
- For the Cheesecake Batter
- Tofutti Cream Cheese *see note above 16ounce (454g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Vegan Butter melted 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vegan Lactic Acid or Apple Cider Vinegar ½ teaspoon
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g)
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk * I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
- ½ Recipe Vegan Ganache
- ¼ Recipe Vegan Mirror Glaze
- Prepare the crust for this cheesecake by placing your cookies in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs
- Add the melted vegan butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand
- Press this mixture into the bottom of your greased & parchment lined 7" cake pan then freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
- Place all of the cheesecake ingredients into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool slowly for another hour.
- Remove the cheesecake cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch OR by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Invert into your serving platter and then garnish with the vegan ganache & mirror glaze as pictured OR just add fresh raspberries to the top for a simpler preparation