Technically not a pie or a cookie since it is more of a blondie
But I liked the name Christmas Cookie Pie much better!
Perfect for kids and adults alike this easy holiday favorite is always a win!
I’m simply using my best chocolate chip cookie recipe
Since it bakes perfectly into a fluted tart pan with a removable bottom
Crushed candy canes in addition to the chocolate chips and some mint extract for that extra mint zing
Press it into the tart mold and bake!
For the chewiest, cakiest, cookiest, thing-a-ma-jiggy you will ever try!
I’ve iced it with ganache because I think buttercream is just way too sweet!
Use a dark bittersweet chocolate to balance out the sugar in the Christmas Cookie Pie!
But feel free to use buttercream instead!
My new favorite Vegan Sprinkles by Supernatural are sprinkled everywhere!
They have so many cool assortments of sprinkles for every occasion so be sure to check them out @SupernaturalKitchen
Of course if you did not want to buy sprinkles you can always make your own!
For more awesome and easy holiday recipes click the links below!
There is no video tutorial for this recipe but the instructions are so easy to follow!
For the Cookie Dough:
- Vegan Butter or margarine 2 sticks (1 cup) (226g)
- Vegan Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Vegan Light Brown Sugar 1 cup (210g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Mint Extract *optional 1 teaspoon
- Ground Flax Meal 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Hot water 8 Tablespoons cup (120ml)
- All Purpose Flour 3½ cups (455g)
- Baking Soda 1¾ teaspoons (8g)
- Vegan Chocolate Chips 1 cup
- Crushed Candy Canes ¾ cup
- ½ Recipe Vegan Ganache
- Sprinkles & Candy Canes for decor
- Prepare your tart pan with light pan spray/grease & a parchment paper liner
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Crush the candy cakes in a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a small hammer
- Cream the vegan butter and both sugars with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- (About 3 -5 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the hot water and ground flax in a small bowl and let stand to thicken
- Combine the flax paste with the vanilla extract & mint extract together and add to the creaming mixture on medium speed
- Stop the mixer every so often and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Then whip it on high speed to emulsify for 10 seconds
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, then add to the mixer all at once and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes and mix to combine well.
- Press the dough evenly into the tart pan
- Bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-35 minutes or until light golden browned and when you press the center gently it is not noticeable liquid or raw, but firm & jiggly
- It is better to err on the side of less baked than over baked or your cookie pie will be dry and crispy rather than cake-like & chewy
- Once it comes out of the oven take a small knife or spatula & run it along the edges to loosen it and ensure that it will come out of the pan once it is fully cooled
- The candy canes have a tendency to stick to the pan making it near impossible to remove!
- Prepare the ganache icing and once the cookie is cool, remove it from the pan and pour the ganache over top
- Decorate with more candy canes & vegan sprinkles
Christmas Cookie Pie can be kept at room temperature in a cool spot for up to 4 days
For longer storage freeze for up to 1 month (without the decorations) wrapped well