I don’t really share many muffins recipes.
I’m not sure why, I mean they are probably the easiest of all the recipes to make.
One bowl mix, no mixer required. Like duh?
Why not make muffins? And why not make muffins everyday?
Here is my recipe for Cinnamon Apple Walnut Muffins.
Jumbo sized and loaded with cinnamon, apples and a brown sugar and a walnut streusel through the middle.
If walnuts aren’t your “thang” you can leave them out or substitute another nut of choice.
By the way you can also bake all the batter into a standard sized loaf pan for an amazing apple cinnamon bread!
I am using the Plant Based Egg egg replacerhere because I think it is the best for light texture and binding the recipe, but you can use any egg replacer of your choice if you prefer
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ cups (218g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Baking Powder ¾ teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom ½ teaspoon *optional ingredient
- Vegetable Oil ½ cup
- Granulated Sugar ⅓ cup
- Light Brown Sugar ⅓ cup
- The Plant Based Egg 4 teaspoons
- Plant Milk ½ cup (118ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Shredded Apples peeled and cored 1¾ cup (approx 2 large apples)
- For the filling:
- Light or dark brown sugar ¾ cup
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Lightly toasted walnuts ½ cup
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, lightly toasted walnuts and cinnamon and stir to combine
- In another large mixing bowl combine the sugars, oil, plant milk and vanilla extract whisk smooth
- Add the sifted flour, spices, salt, baking powder and soda and the plant based egg egg replacer and whisk smooth
- Add the shredded apples and mix well
- Portion half of the batter into the paper lined tins and then add a heaping tablespoon of the sugar/nut mixture on top and then the remaining batter on top of that.
- Distribute the last of the sugar/nut mixture on the top of each muffin and bake immediately in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes for the jumbo size, slightly less time for standard sized muffins