Yes it’s true two of the best Italian dishes just got married and had this amazing Eggplant Parmigiana Lasagna!
Fresh eggplants from my garden inspired this epic lasagna recipe which, I will warn you right now, is not going to be an in and out procedure!
Believe me when I say you are going to have to block out several hours of your time and ban anyone from entering the kitchen while you are preparing the components that comprise this finished casserole!
From the tofu ricotta recipe to the most delicious bolognaise sauce you will ever taste!
The eggplant preparation takes some patience but can also provide a little zen time too!
I show you 3 different ways to prepare the eggplant from the classic breaded and fried which I absolutely LOVE!
But I can’t handle all the added fat & calories it lends!
Another option is to roast the eggplant for a much lower calorie & very low fat version.
I also tried air frying the breaded eggplants and it was surprisingly good! I will definitely be doing it that way from now on and saving my myself upwards of 100 calories per serving just by skipping the fat frying!
- 2 jars of your favorite store bought tomato sauce Or 48 ounces of homemade sauce
- 1 -15 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ Package Lasagna noodles
- For the Breaded Eggplant
- Eggplant Medium 2
- All Purpose Flour 1¼ cup
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Pepper 1 teaspoon
- garlic Powder 2 teaspoons
- Onion Powder 2 teaspoons
- Coconut Oil *if you are doing the fried variety! 1½ cups
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg ½ cup
- Water approx 1 - 1½ cups
- For the Tofu Ricotta
- 1 Package Firm Tofu drained
- Fresh Parsley 4 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon
- Onion Powder 1 teaspoon
- Oregano 1½ teaspoons
- Nutmeg *optional ⅛ teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes *optional 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Pepper ½ teaspoon
- Nutritional Yeast ¼ cup
- ½ Package Violife Mozzarella Shreds
- Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice 2 teaspoons
- For the Bolognaise Sauce
- Onion ¾ cup
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Bell Peppers ¾ cup
- Mushrooms ½ cup
- Beef less Crumbles 3 cups
- Field Roast Sausages 2 links chopped fine
- Oregano 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Basil 6 Tablespoons
- Remaining ½ Package Violife Mozzarella Shreds for the topping!
- More oregano for the top before baking approx 2 teaspoons
- Prepare the recipe step by step as per the video instruction
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes until it is bubbling and cheese is melted
Reheat in a low oven covered to prevent drying out.
Or Microwave if you so choose.