Introducing the famous Metropolitan Cupcakes!
What?! You’ve never heard of a Metropolitan Cupcake before?
Well don’t feel bad, because neither had I!
Below I have doubled the recipe from what you see in the video, since I only made 8 (well technically I made 6 because I saved some of the batter to make my World Famous Gretcherinos!)
Metropolitans~ here we come!
- ¼ RecipeFudge Icing
- ¼ Recipe Best Vegan Buttercream
- Vegan Chocolate Sprinkles 2 boxes
- For the cake:
- All Purpose Flour 2¼ cups (282g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (210g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Pwder 1½ teaspoons (7g)
- Baking Soda ¾ teaspoon (4.5g)
- Coconut or Vegetable Oil ½ cup (120ml)
- Soy Milk 1½ cups (360ml)
- Unsweetened Applesauce ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- White vinegar 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- The Plant Based Egg egg replacer 3 teaspoons
- Prepare your icing recipes in advance
- For the cupcakes: First combine the vinegar with the soy milk to sour, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add the applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla to the milk
- Sift all the dry ingredients including the egg replacer together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and whisk smooth
- Scoop into paper lined cupcake molds and baker in a preheated 350° F oven for approximately 22 - 28 minutes or until lightly golden and springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Once they are baked and cooled, ice as shown in the video
For longer storage or in higher temperatures (above 74°F) keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Bring to room temperature before serving for best taste