Finally a Vegan Banana Cream Pie that is so easy to make and more delicious than any Banana Cream Pie you remember!
A no bake recipe that is ready in about an hour!
A quick graham cracker crust pressed into individual tart molds make the best little single serving desserts
That’s the beauty of these little individual tart molds that I have been using for all The Best Cream Pie Recipes in this series.
Mini deserts are so much better for giving away, since if you have a whole giant pie, well.. you can see how difficult that might be to try to give slices!
You can of course take an even easier route and go for a store bought crust instead!
For a full size family pie that cuts your prep time in half!
Mi-Del brand is both vegan and gluten free! * not sponsored
CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS BANANA CREAM PIE
For more of the best vegan cream pies click the links below!
Vegan Banana Cream Pie
For the Crust
- Graham Crackers 40 Sheets (150g)
- Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (126g)
For the Custard
- Plant Milk 2 cups (474ml)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 6 Tablespoons (48g)
- Vegan Butter 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Fresh Bananas 2 medium (approximately 1 cup mashed banana) (180g)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Cream
- OR 1 Tub CocoWhip by SoDelicious
- First prepare the graham cracker crust by placing the cracker sheets in a food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and process until it resembles wet sand.
- Divide evenly (about 1/2 cup per individual tart mold) or the entire mixture into a 9" pie plate.
- You can freeze until the custard is ready OR I prefer to bake the crust(s) for 12-15 minutes to golden, this also helps keep the crusts from falling apart when you serve the pie. *This is completely optional! It is not 100% necessary.
- For the custard, combine the plant milk, cornstarch & sugar in a medium sauce pot over medium to high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly to avoid scorching the bottom .
- Once it starts to bubble remove from the heat and add the vegan butter and vanilla extract and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and whisk to incorporate
- Pour the custard into the prepared crust(s) and cover the tops directly on the custard to avoid oxidation of the bananas in the custard as it cools.
- Prepare the coconut whipped cream of your choice from my blog post all about Vegan Whipped Cream OR thaw out your tub of CocoWhip.
- Once the pie(s) has cooled, generously ice the entire top(s) with the whipped cream and garnish with your choice of decor.
Banana Cream Pies must be kept refrigerated.
They will stay fresh for up to 5 days
Leave a Reply