Moist, delicious Easy Mango Cake recipe can be whatever you want it to be!
For an instant refreshing summer dessert bake it in a loaf pan and top each slice with fresh mango and vegan whipped cream!
It’s so easy to make because there are no mixers required!
All you need is a large mixing bowl and about an hour!
The key ingredient for this cake batter is freeze dried fruit
Notes for Success & Substitutions:
This recipe makes 2- standard loaf pans but you can also bake the batter into 18 cupcakes, 2-8″ cake layers or a 6 cup bundt pan
I know some people are already asking “what can I use instead of fruit powder?”
And others will want to use straight up mango puree here, however I warn you that is not a great idea unless you like eating mango rubber cake
Fruit purees when added to cake batters will make the texture heavy, dense and rubbery.
Unless of course you get into the science of baking like I did here when converting my Orange Cake to Lemon!
Which is why I love using freeze dried fruit powders
Not only is it super concentrated fruit flavor, but it is dry powder being added to the cake batter~ not liquid!
If you absolutely cannot get your hands on this freeze dried mango fruit though,
You can follow my recipe for Banana Cake and substitute mango puree for the banana puree in that recipe
For those confused about Cake Flour CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CAKE FLOUR
Alternatively you can use all – All Purpose Flour in the total amount of 350g
Click the links below for more recipes like this one!
Easy Mango Loaf Cake
- All Purpose Flour 2 cup (250g)
- Cake Flour 1 cup (120g) *see notes above
- Mango Powder 10 Tablespoons (32g)
- Baking Powder 4 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Egg Replacer 2 teaspoons *I used Bob's Red Mill
- Granulated Sugar 1¾ cup (350g)
- Vegetable Oil ½ cup (118ml)
- Applesauce 8 Tablespoons (140g)
- Plant Milk 2 cups (480ml)
- Vinegar 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Assorted Fresh fruit for serving *optional
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Cream
- Grease 2 standard loaf pans and preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a spice grinder add the freeze dried mango fruit and whiz to a powder
- Combine the soy milk with the vinegar and whisk, let stand for 5 minutes to thicken
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and thickened plant milk together and whisk smooth to dissolve the sugar
- Sift together the flour(s) and the mango fruit powder, salt, baking powder and egg replacer
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans until you can safely touch them without burning yourself then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
- Slice & serve with your choice of fresh fruits and whipped cream
Mango Loaf Cake can be stored at room temperature for about 2-3 days wrapped to prevent staling. Be careful it doesn't go moldy if your temperature are above 68°F
For longer storage, refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months wrapped well
Leave a Reply