Finally the redux of the Mirror Glaze Recipe that I veganized way back in 2015!
Yes I know the title says strawberry but you can also make it pure neutral with white chocolate all the way!
I did eventually make another vegan rendition of the Mirror Glaze in 2017
Using dark semi sweet chocolate instead of white chocolate in my Raspberry Linzer Mousse Cakes shown below
But I think the glaze recipe was overshadowed by these stunning mousse cakes that took center stage!
If you want to check out the chocolate version CLICK HERE!
So today I thought what better way to showcase this amazing Strawberry Couverture courtesy of Olive Nation
Than with a brand new Mirror Glaze Recipe!
Mirror Glaze is not only for covering larger cakes, but as you see above it can be used for individual desserts and Petit Fours as well!
Now let me just clear this up right away if you do not want to buy the strawberry couverture you can still make this recipe with all vegan white chocolate instead!
Your glaze will of course then be all white or rather opague
And you can definitely leave it pearly white or color it as you wish.
White Chocolate based Mirror glaze takes on color so beautifully!
The Valrhona Inspirations Strawberry Couverture though,
I highly recommend you experience it at least once in your life!
Can I just tell you, my mind is blown!
I made the best Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies with it and also whipped up a beautiful strawberry ganache!
And of course here it is in all of it’s glory as it takes center stage for this super easy Mirror Glaze Recipe!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO MAKE THE MIRROR GLAZE
And don’t forget to use your 20% off discount code if you decide to purchase anything from Olive Nation
Enter GVB20 in the checkout area!
- Strawberry Couverture 2 ounces (56g)
- Vegan White Chocolate 2 ounces (56g)
- Coconut Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk ¼ cup (50ml) *store bought or see recipe below
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Corn Syrup *or golden syrup ⅓ cup
- Water 7½ Tablespoons (112ml)
- Agar Powder 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl combine both chocolates chopped into smaller, same sized pieces
- Combine the sugar, water, sweetened condensed coconut milk & corn syrup and heat over medium heat stirring often to at least 150°F then add the agar powder
- Whisk constantly and bring to a rolling boil then pour over the chocolate in the bowl and whisk to melt.
- Cool to at least 90°F before pouring it over your cake.
- Place your chilled cake on a cooling rack set over a parchment paper lined sheet pan
- Pour the mirror glaze over the cake letting the excess run down over the sides.
- The agar will cause it to set very quickly so try not to use a spatula to ice it, just allow the excess to drip off
- You can reuse the excess glaze, just scrape it off the parchment paper and store in a clean container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month- simply rewarm when needed
- Decorate your cake as shown in the video or as you prefer 🙂
SWEETENED CONDENSED COCONUT MILK RECIPE HERE!
- 1- 14ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Combine the coconut milk with the sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pan
- bring to a boil over high heat stirring often
- Once it boils reduce heat to a simmer cook for 45 minutes stirring occasionally and watch it closely so it doesn't burn or boil over
- By the time 45 minutes approaches it should have reduced down to close to 1 or1¼ cup total volume and start to get thick
- It will thicken more as it cools.
- Cool completely then use it in your recipes or see storage information in the notes below
I am really missing some of your pre-vegan recipes. Is there anyway to get any of them? I miss the Ferror rocher cake amongst others. I have tried to look them up but can no longer access them.
Hi Shannon! as you probably already know, since December of 2019 my non vegan blog has shut down. I couldn’t keep up the cost to host it on the internet and maintain it monthly anymore
The cost to host such a huge database online was close to $400 a month with tech support monthly to keep it clean & safe and smooth.
I certainly do not (did not) make that much in adsense revenue through Youtube & Google.
That became a pretty steep price to pay for a website that had been conflicting me financially & emotionally for so many years,
so after 5 years of keeping it free & open to the public I finally decided to shut it down.
I did not keep any of the recipes for myself when I shut down the database
(which was the only place the recipes were stored)
I just did (do) not feel comfortable anymore sharing recipes laden with animal ingredients promoting the very industry I loathe
so it really didn’t make sense for me to keep them nor keep open and available such an expensive website.
I do thank you so much for your support and encouragement through the ages,
I have stunned NON Vegans with my vegan recipes, perhaps you could try to do the same?
If not, I am sure there are tons of great (if not better than mine) recipes out there for you to use!
Thanks again~ Best, Gretchen
I’m absolutely in love with your glaze, it looks AMAZING!
Do you have any recommendations on where to buy vegan white chocolate or any kind of couverture that’s also Fair Trade (or at least doesn’t source their cocoa from Africa)? While Olive Nation does have a great selection, it appears their chocolate is from Callebaut and I can’t support a company that profits off of child slavery 🙁
Hi Rachel, I use King David white chocolate (*I believe I linked to that in the written blog post?) If not CLICK HERE
Hi, you work looks so beautiful!
it is my dream to try a mirror glaze, but I have to avoid coconut. Will it work with a home made soy condensed milk?
Hi Thank you!! yes it will work great!!
Thank you so much!
Hyped as usual to create this.
A Quick question – Do you think I can add Edible Glitter into this?? (Glitter Disco Dust)
Yes! I have sprinkled it on top as it dripped down, I have not added it to the recipe though, but I think it would be fine!
Hi Gretchen, thank you for the recipe! I’m slightly confused about the strawberry couverture because Valrhona’s doesn’t appear to be vegan according to the description on Olive Nation’s website. Is there a vegan brand you would recommend?
Hey there! If you read the ingredients list on the product information, there are definitely no animal ingredients listed. They (Olive Nation) also assured me it was vegan otherwise I would never have used it, so thank you for pointing this out as a double check, but I just looked again and it is still vegan.
You could always sub in vegan white chocoalte in place of the strawberry with no other changes to the recipe though!
I was so excited to see a vegan mirror glaze recipe I started wiggling in my seat lol! Thank you, can’t wait to try it.
P.S. Do you have any favorite food colorings?
YAY! I have been loving the super flower powder colors lately because they are all natural~ Expensive but I really love them! *not sponsored
I’m so excited to make this! Do you think I could use brown rice syrup instead of corn syrup or golden syrup?
Thanks for this recipe! I was wondering if I could use cacao butter instead of the white chocolate? Thank you
Hi! Yes that could work here