How have I not shared this banana cake recipe yet!?
This is like basic recipe necessity right here!
Not only does this recipe make the most moist, delicious banana cupcakes, but you can bake the batter into cake pans for the best banana layer cake ever!
But today I am sticking with cupcakes since I’m on a cupcake kick lately; and topped with my cream cheese icing recipe… well what more is there to say?
Vegan Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing.
Nuts or no nuts, this recipe is going to be one of your forever favorites, I promise!
- For the Banana Cupcakes:
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons (140g)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda ½ teaspoon
- Vegan Butter 5 Tablespoons (70g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons (128g)
- Salt ⅛ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon ¾ teaspoon
- Plant Based Egg Replacer 2 teaspoons *or any egg replacer you prefer according to the package instructions for 1 egg
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Ripe Mashed Banana 1 large for 1 cup puree (approx 175g)
- Soy Milk ⅓ cup (78ml)
- Chopped Nuts *optional ½ cup
- For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- Vegan Butter 8 tablespoons (112g)
- Confectioners Sugar 2 cups (240g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 -8ounce packages (454g)
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Cream the vegan butter with the sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy this will take approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder & soda, the plant based egg *if using* with the salt and cinnamon.
- Combine the vanilla extract to the soy milk
- Once the butter is creamed sufficiently add ⅓ of the sifted dry ingredients mix just until combined
- Add ½ of the soy milk vanilla mixture and mix just until blended
- Add another ⅓ of the dry ingredients while mixing on low, then add the remaining milk and then the last of the dry.
- Add the mashed banana last mix well to incorporate
- Scoop the batter into paper lined cupcake molds filling half full and bake immediately in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool completely while you prepare the cream cheese icing
- Mix the softened vegan butter with the confectioners sugar until smooth
- Add the vanilla extract and the apple cider vinegar then add the vegan cream cheese and blend smooth
- Ice cupcakes and sprinkle with additional chopped toasted nuts *optional
Iced cupcakes with Cream cheese icing must be refrigerated, however buttercream or fudge iced cupcakes can stay out at room temperature