Homemade Reese’s Vegan Peanut Butter Cups.
Why bother. Right? Wrong!
These are so good! You will never buy them again!
Dare I say, they may be better than the real thing?
These little candy’s take no more than an hour to make for a first time
And once you do it again you will get even faster!
These are seriously a fast, fun, delicious treat that can be made on a whim!
I am sure you already have at least 3 of the 4 ingredients listed
Additionally the graham crackers can be left out
However that addition really makes this recipe exactly like the real thing!
You will have to temper your chocolate though to make sure that it sets
Since chocolate that is not tempered properly will not set correctly and will stay melt-y and sticky at room temperature
Notes for Success:
You don’t need the special mold as I show you in the video, but they are quite affordable if you want them to look like the real thing.
You can of course make these easily in paper lined cupcake tins if you don’t want to spring for those molds.
In the video tutorial above I show you both ways to do it, so just take your pick!
You can make these completely gluten free by using gluten free graham crackers too!
Or if you want to pretend you are super healthy like me,
Substitute vegan protein powder for the crackers and the confectioners sugar!
I usually use 2 scoops of protein in place of both of those ingredients!
- Creamy Peanut Butter 1 Cup (256g)
- Confectioner's Sugar ½ Cup (63g)
- Graham Cracker Crumbs ¼ cup (36g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vegan Semi Sweet Chocolate 1 lb (454g)
- Cream the peanut butter with the confectioners sugar, graham crackers and salt.
- Pipe or spread into chocolate the chocolate molds, OR into paper cupcake liners in a cupcake tin if you don't want to buy the molds.
- Layer with the peanut butter cream and then another layer of chocolate
- Allow to set and then pop them out of the molds!
- Watch the video tutorial for how to do it!