I have a secret
These Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies happen to be my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in disguise!
Leave out the chocolate chips and instead dunk each dough ball in cinnamon sugar.
Don’t tell anyone how easy it is to make spin-off recipes from the very best base vegan recipes!
Which by the way, all happen to be right here!
Look no further for easy no fail recipes every time
All you have to do is search for what you want and chances are I have already done it!
I have over 300 recipes here and more coming out every week!
These Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies are perfectly crispy on the outside and super chewy on the inside!
Once a took my first bite I was seriously in love!
So much in love that I turned this entire recipe into a Snickerdoodle Cheesecake!
Yep, that’s right if you have not met my famous vegan cheesecake recipes yet
You are in for a double treat today!
Be sure to go check out how to make this Vegan Snickerdoodle Cheesecake too!
But of course you will need these cookies to get there so don’t leave just yet!
Here is a super simple cookie recipe that will be ready in less than one hour
With no weird egg replacers or obscure vegan ingredients!
I have been getting back to the basics lately with egg replacers in general in my recipes
I was never a grand fan of Aquafaba in cake recipes but I happen to love it in cookie recipes
If you don’t have or like to use aquafaba, you can simply replace it with 2 Tablespoons of flax meal added to 1/3 cup of hot water instead
Pro Bakery Tip:
To prevent spreading of your cookies, refrigerate the scooped dough balls while you preheat the oven
I also like to make large batches of cookie dough so I can freeze the dough balls in a ziplock bag (for up to 2 months!)
This way I have fresh baked cookies whenever I want them!
Just grab a few balls of dough out of the freezer
Roll them in cinnamon sugar and bake as usual!
FOR ANOTHER VARIATION OF THIS COOKIE DOUGH CHECK OUT
CLICK HERE FOR VEGAN SNICKERDOODLE CHEESECAKE
Preheat oven to 350°F
Be sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning
- Vegan Butter 1 cup (226g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Light Brown Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Salt 1 teaspoon (6g)
- Aquafaba ⅓ cup (77ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- All Purpose Flour 3½ cups (435g)
- Baking Soda 1¼ teaspoon
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon
- For the cinnamon sugar for rolling:
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Cream the vegan butter with both sugars and the salt in the bowl of your electric mixer with the paddle attachment
- Cream for 3 minutes on medium speed or until light & fluffy
- Add the aquafaba slowly while mixing on low speed until incorporated
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl then add the vanilla extract and mix on high speed for 20 seconds to emulsify
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and then add all at once to the creamed mixture.
- Mix just until it comes together
- Combine the cinnamon & sugar for rolling in a small bowl
- With a 2 ounce scoop portion the dough into the bowl of cinnamon sugar, roll them around to coat them place onto a parchment lined sheet pan spaced 2" apart
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden browned
- Cool slightly then enjoy!
You can also freeze un-baked dough, by scooping the dough into a parchment lined sheet pan, freeze and then transfer to a zip lock bag for up to 2 months