The cake version of the Starbucks white chocolate mocha latte!
Now you can eat your favorite drink with this White Cranberry Mocha Latte Cake
Veganized, upgraded and so delicious!
White chocolate cake layers, homemade cranberry filling and mocha buttercream icing!
The perfect addition to your holiday table this winter!
The white chocolate cake and tart cranberry compote are a perfect pair
With a subtle back note of mocha that just screams sophistication.
I love my cranberry sauce recipe so much that I try to put it in everything!
So why not give it one more go around and use it as the filling for this cake!
The taste of this cake altogether with the cranberry, mocha and white chocolate is truly out of this world!
This is quite a large cake with four prominent cake layers and three layers of filling.
The ultimate 7 Layer cake right here!
You can of course cut down all the recipes to half batches and make a smaller version of this cake in any shape cake pans you like.
The rule of thumb with pretty much all cake batter recipes is as long as you fill the cake pans no more than half full you will be good to go!
I am baking into sheet pans obviously to get the rectangle shape for this finished cake
This same amount of batter will give you 3- beautiful 7″ cake layers instead.
As well as two thicker 8″ cake layers if you only have 8″ cake pans.
But you can use any buttercream recipe you like the best for this cake.
Flax buttercream stays an off white color, compared to the other two which get more white, the American style being the whitest.
Notes for Success:
This recipe was developed early in my vegan baking career and I have since made this cake with Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer instead of the EnerGy egg replacer I have listed below
You can use another egg replacer of your choice in the same quantity listed withe the same method as for the EnerGy egg
Cake flour is being used but if you do not have cake flour you can use all~ all purpose flour in the total amount of 360g total weight or 2¾ cups total volume
For more cranberry recipes click the links below!
I am using cranberry moscato wine for the cranberry recipe, but you can use all cranberry or cherry juice or even water instead
- For the Cake Layers
- Grease and parchment line 4- ⅛ sheet pans and preheat the oven to 350°F
- For the Cake:
- Cake Flour 3 cups (360g)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cup (300g)
- Baking Powder 3 teaspoons (15g)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 3 teaspoons (10g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (126g)
- Soy Milk 1 cup (237ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Vegan White Chocolate 6ounces (approx 1 cup chopped) (168g)
- For the Cranberry Compote:
- 1 16ounce bag Cranberries
- Granulated Sugar 1¼ cup (250g)
- Cranberry Juice or Cranberry Moscato Wine 1 cup (237ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Star Anise Pods 4
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Orange Zest and Juice from 1 large orange
- For the Buttercream:
- 1 Recipe Flax Meringue Buttercream or Aquafaba Buttercream Or American Buttercream
- Instant Coffee granules 2 teaspoons
- Cocoa Powder 1 Tablespoon (12g)
- Hot Water 2 Tablespoons (45ml)
- For the cake batter:
- Melt the white chocolate and set aside
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, EnerG egg replacer, and salt in a mixer bowl and sift it together or mix on low to combine.
- Add the softened vegan butter and mix for about 1 minute until it resembles coarse meal and is evenly incorporated
- Add the vanilla extract and then slowly pour in the soy milk while mixing on low to medium speed until it is all incorporated then increase the speed to medium-high for 1 minute to develop the batter
- Add the melted white chocolate and mix to combine
- Divide the batter into greased and parchment lined cake pans
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until they springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Cool the cakes while you prepare the cranberry compote
- For the Cranberry Compote:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot, combine all the liquids with the sugar and spices and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Squeeze in the juice of that orange and the zest
- Add the cranberries and then return to a boil.
- Lower the temperature to a simmer for 15 -20 minutes, the sauce will begin to thicken and the berries will begin to pop.
- Discard the anise pods and add the vanilla extract
- Cool in refrigerator while you prepare the buttercream
- For the buttercream:
- Prepare as per the instructions on the recipe you chose, then divide the buttercream into 2 bowls (1/3 for the mocha filling and ⅔ for the icing) and add the mocha paste to the smaller portion by combining the hot water with the coffee and cocoa powder and whisk smooth
- Assemble cake as shown in the video
For longer storage keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Freeze wrapped well for up to 2 months