The ultimate fix for your chocolate craving is here!
Super easy one bowl mix for the best vegan chocolate cake you will ever try!
But I’ve taken it up one level for a raspberry truffle layer cake that will have everyone thinking you bought this at a bougie bakery!
Simply by adding ganache and a good quality raspberry jam filling with more ganache on top
Fresh raspberries for an elegant decor makes this cake ready in just about two hours!
This cake is perfect in every way.
So easy to make with just 2 recipes and a jar of jam!
This cake is the original Wacky Cake recipe that everyone is talking about
But mine is tweaked slightly to make it the best wacky cake recipe out there!
I’ve made this cake with a traditional Fudge Icing for a classic birthday sheet cake too!
It also bakes perfectly into cupcakes too!
And as you can see here beautiful, thick spongy layers as the base for this Raspberry truffle Ganache Cake!
This cake recipe is so versatile I know you are going to add it to your favorites arsenal as soon as you try it!
So go grab yourself some raspberry jam and fresh raspberries and have yourself a stunning cake in no time!
NOTES FOR SUCCESS:
You will see I have a combination of both cake flour and all purpose here in this recipe.
Many people cannot get or don’t know what cake flour is and get confused that it is simply self rising flour, this is not true CLICK HERE to learn more!
Also most people are against using coffee in their recipes, but understand that coffee is an ingredients that enhances chocolate recipes.
So while you cannot taste the actual coffee in the final recipe it does wonders for the overall taste!
If you still cannot use coffee you can replace with water.
FOR MORE RECIPES USING THIS CHOCOLATE CAKE CLICK THE LINKS BELOW!
Preheat the oven to 350°F and then grease the pans with my professional bakery pan grease and a parchment liner
While you may be tempted to use Dutched Process Cocoa powder here, be sure to use natural or the cake will not turn out as good Click here for more info on cocoa powder
- For the Cake:
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (250g)
- Cake Flour 1 cup (120g)
- Natural Cocoa Powder 8 Tablespoons (40g)
- Granulated Sugar 2 cups (400g)
- Salt 1 teaspoon (6g)
- Baking Soda 2 teaspoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil ¾ cup (177ml)
- Strong Brewed Coffee 2 cups *Or add 3 teaspoons instant coffee to the water (approx 18g)
- For the Ganache:
- Semi Sweet Vegan Chocolate 8ounces (226g)
- Soy Milk ¾ cup (177ml)
- Fresh Raspberries for the top 1-2 pints
- Sift both flours, baking soda, salt, and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the natural cocoa powder with the hot coffee and then add the vinegar, oil and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the sifted dry ingredients and whisk vigorously with a hand whisk until smooth (about 15 strokes)
- Pour batter into greased and parchment lined 8" x 2" cake pans
- Bake immediately in a preheated 350°f oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs
- Meanwhile prepare the ganache by heating the soy milk until it just starts to boil, pour the hot milk over the finely chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Let the ganache cool at room temperature to a soft spreadable consistency while the cakes also cool
- Build the cake as per the video tutorial
For longer storage & for storing it with the raspberries on top, keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week