It’s that time of year when I start rolling out the No Bake Desserts!
We are in the thick of summer and who wants to turn on that oven!?
So let’s make a super simple but elegant (and of course delicious) No Bake White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake!
Many people ask me why I don’t use cashews in my (especially) no bake desserts.
Well for one, they are so expensive!
And two, I know several people who are allergic to cashews so I guess I just have this thing where I try to stay away from them.
Which I strangely titled a cake? Hmmm. I must have been drunk on Tofurky that day because it was my Thanksgiving premiere dessert!
At any rate, I do prefer this type of cheesecake base made with vegan cream cheese.
I think I just like the texture of this one versus the cashew cream based ones.
To me this type is so close to a “real deal” cheesecake and when I am trying to “wow” so many non vegans around me, I always go for the closest rendition.
So check out this recipe it is so easy with just a few ingredients that you probably already have (if you are like me and buy Tofutti Cream Cheese in bulk whenever they have a sale!)
For those who are soy sensitive you can use Daiya Cream Cheese as that one is definitely soy free.
For those who want extra blueberry compote to go on each slice of cheesecake, just double the blueberries and sugar part of the recipe and reserve half of it for the topping
- For the Crust:
- Graham Crackers 1½ sleeves (approximately 15 crackers)
- Vegan Butter 8 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- For the Cheesecake:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 2 packages (454g)
- Vegan White Chocolate 10oz (280g)
- Full Fat Coconut Milk or any milk alternative of your choice 1 cup (237ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid 2 teaspoons OR Apple cider vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Agar ¾ teaspoon
- For the Blueberry Compote
- Blueberries fresh or frozen 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- First prepare the crust by combining the graham crackers and sugar together in a food processor and process to fine crumbs
- Slowly pour the melted vegan butter into the feed tube of the processor while pulsing until it all comes together like wet sand.
- Press this firmly into the bottom of an acetate lined 8" Ring mold
- Refrigerate while you prepare the cheesecake filling
- First combine the blueberries and sugar together in a small sauce pot over low heat stirring occasionally until the sugar melts and the blueberries start to break down and get juicy.
- Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Combine the white chocolate, milk, vegan cream cheese, lactic acid OR apple cider vinegar and the other measure of sugar together in a medium sauce pot over medium heat and stir constantly while the chocolate melts.
- Add the agar and continue stirring to a smooth mixture and it just starts to bubble slightly.
- Once it starts to bubble, let it come to a full boil stirring constantly for about 20- 30 seconds
- The pour the mixture into the prepared crust and the blueberry compote gets swirled into that
- Refrigerate immediately for at least 3 hours or until set firm enough to unmold and slice.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream or more blueberry compote if desired. *see summary above
Freeze for up to 1 month wrapped well