You may know that cheesecake is by far my favorite dessert.
And this Vegan White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake may just be my favorite one yet!
Seriously creamy New York style cheesecake with a touch of white chocolate added to the batter
And luscious blueberry compote piled on top of each slice!
This website may contain links as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, which means when you click a link and make a purchase through my website I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you
Notes for success:
Tofutti Cream Cheese is the only brand I will use for my BAKED recipes. *not sponsored
I have not had success with any other brand in BAKED recipes, for some reason some other brands I’ve tried have broken down into an oily mess when baked.
Until more recently I tried Violife again and it works! Although I still prefer the Tofutti brand
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
I cannot tell you how many times people have complained that their cheesecake is like rubber and they don’t know why!
To make this cheesecake gluten free simply substitute gluten free flour for the all purpose flour and be sure to use gluten free graham crackers to make the crust!
One last thing! Nabisco Graham Crackers are VEGAN!
There’s No Honey in the recipe, so be sure to check your ingredients list when buying your crackers if you cannot find Nabisco Brand *not sponsored
For the Crust:
- Graham Crackers 1 package = 10 sheets (140g)
- Vegan Butter melted 4 tablespoons (56g)
For the Cheesecake:
- Vegan Cream Cheese *see notes 12ounce (339g)
- Firm Tofu 4ounces (113g) * see notes
- Vegan Butter melted 2 tablespoons (28g)
- Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200g)
- Cornstarch 4 Tablespoons (32g) *see notes
- All Purpose Flour 3 Tablespoons (24g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy milk 6fl oz (177ml)
- Vegan Lactic Acid or apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons (15ml)
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips 1 cup (6oz)
For the Blueberry Compote:
- 1 pound fresh or frozen blueberries (454g)
- Sugar as needed 1/4 - 1/2 cup *optional
- Whipped Cream for garnish *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease & parchment line a 7" cake pan *8" cake pan will also work fine your cheesecake will just be slightly thinner than mine- no change to the recipe needed
- First prepare the graham cracker crust by crushing the graham crackers in a food processor to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and pulse until it resembles wet sand
- Press the crumbs into the prepared greased & parchment lined cake pan evenly on the bottom and up the sides.
- Freeze while you prepare the cheesecake batter
- Placing all of the cheesecake ingredients (except the white chocolate) into the work bowl of your food processor and pulse to blend
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix then blend again to a smooth mixture
- Now fold in the white chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the crust and bake in a water bath in a preheated 350°F and bake for 60 minutes
- After 60 minutes turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door cracked open to cool slowly for another 60 minutes
- Remove the cheesecake & cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set or overnight before unmolding.
- For the blueberry compote place the fresh or frozen blueberries with the optional sugar in a heavy bottom sauce pot and cook over low to medium heat
- Bring to a low boil stirring often to prevent scorching
- Cool compote and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before using
- Loosen the sides and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a blowtorch or by submerging the pan into hot water and running a small spatula around the edges
- Vegan Cheesecakes unmold very easily so flip int out onto your serving platter then add the cooled strawberry compote to the top
Cheesecake must be kept refrigerated and will stay fresh for up to 1 week