There’s nothing better than a fresh juicy peach at the height of the season!
Fluffy peach mousse and whipped cream!
Keep the entire thing No~Bake with a cookie crust
Or make a traditional pie crust with the best recipe for vegan pie crust
Peach Cream Pie can be tackled several different ways
Fresh peaches or canned peaches will work great for this recipe!
Or these Vanilla Poached Peaches from the Amish Wedding Kitchen like me *not sponsored
Notes for Success:
Agar can be a tricky ingredient in No Bake Desserts such as this one.
A heavy hand ~ even a pinch too much~ can be the difference between creamy delicious and rubbery inedible!
I use 900 Strength agar in my recipes CLICK HERE FOR EXACT BRAND
In the case that you don’t have vegan white chocolate you can make it into a diplomat cream instead
The alternative recipe for the custard is listed below but the method is the same
A simple stove top custard folded together with billowy vegan whipped cream!
The entire Peach Cream Pie can be prepared in about 90 minutes of total working time!
The hardest part is waiting for it to set so you can cut it!
If you are making my recipe for homemade vegan whipped cream, be sure to plan one day ahead and read the entire recipe post before beginning
If you are making the Peach Diplomat Cream version of this recipe
Cornstarch is a very difficult ingredient to measure consistently with a volume spoons measure
So while I list both measures below I cannot stress enough how the grams measure with a scale is going to give you the best results.
Many times people have complained that their custard is like rubber and they don’t know why!
This is from a heavy measure of cornstarch when using volume measuring spoon vs the 100% accurate scale measure in grams.
Today I am using Peach Extract from Olive Nation to kick up the peach flavor throughout this pie
Take advantage of a 20% off discount for anything you order with Olive Nation just for checking out this recipe!
One last thing, for those wanting to forgo the pie crust and keep this whole thing No Bake~
Click here for the cookie crust recipe I use for all my cheesecakes, just be sure to double the crust recipe listed
For more awesome summer recipes like this one, click the links below
- 1 recipe Pie Dough
- 1 Recipe Vegan Whipped Cream
- Or your favorite vegan whipped cream you will need total 4 cups
For the Peach Mousse:
- Vegan White Chocolate
- Plant Milk ½ cup (118ml)
- Peach Puree ¾ cup (177ml)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (28g)
- Agar *see notes for success ¾ teaspoon
- Peach Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Vegan Whipped Cream 1½ cups
- Fresh or canned peaches *optional 1 cup
For the Peach Compote:
- 4 Fresh Ripe or frozen peaches peeled & small diced
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tablespoons (28g) *optional
- White Wine OR Water 2 Tablespoons
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon *optional
- Water for the cornstarch 1 teaspoon *optional see notes below
- **If you are making my recipe for homemade vegan whipped cream you must prepare the mix one day ahead of time for best results. Be sure to read that entire blog post for the whipped cream recipe before beginning
- First prepare the pie dough recipe as per the instructions on that recipe post. *I make my pie dough the day before so it has time to chill & relax in the refrigerator overnight
- Roll the pie dough into an un greased 9" pie plate & prick the bottom with a fork for steam vents
- Blind bake it with pie weights *see video at 350°F for 10 minutes then remove the pie weights & parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown
- Prepare the peach compote by cooking the chopped peaches, sugar & white wine or water over medium heat until the peaches break down slightly & it looks like thick peach jam or conserves.
- If you think there is too much excess liquid you can make a slurry with the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch & 1 teaspoon of water
- Add that to the boiling compote, let it bubble for about 10 seconds then remove from the heat and cool at room temperature until needed.
- For the peach mousse First chop the peaches for the filling into small cubes and reserve.
- Then puree the other measure of peaches with the plant milk and sugar and then transfer it to a sauce pot
- Add the agar and then whisk smooth while cooking over medium to high heat stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Once it boils let it bubble for about 30 seconds then remove from the heat and add the vegan white chocolate and the peach extract, stir smooth
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and monitor it as it cools, stirring occasionally to prevent gelling along the rim of the bowl
- You want to cool it to to at least 90°F before folding in the whipped cream or you will melt it.
- Once you are getting close to 90°F you should whip the cream and have it ready to fold in.
- Once the mousse base is cooled fold the whipped cream in 2 stages.
- Add the reserved 1 cup of chopped peaches and pour into the cooled pie shell
- Refrigerate to set and then spread the peach compote over top
- Whip the remaining whipped cream for the topping with optional confectioners sugar for sweetener *I use ¼ cup confectioners sugar per 1 pint of SILK brand heavy whipping cream.
- Top the finished pie with chopped fresh peaches
Peach Cream Pie must be kept refrigerated and will stay fresh for up to 1 week wrapped loosely to prevent drying.
You can freeze the pie without the whipped cream topping wrapped well for up to 1 month
FOR THE PEACH DIPLOMAT CREAM VERSION:
- Plant Milk *I used soy milk 1¾ cups (420ml)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cornstarch 4½ Tablespoons (42g) *see notes for success
- Agar Powder 1 teaspoon *see notes for success
- Vegan Butter 1 Tablespoon (14g)
- Peach Extract 2 teaspoon (10ml)
- Vegan Whipped Cream 1½ cups total whipped volume
- Fresh or canned peaches chopped to small cubes *optional 1 cup
- Prepare the pastry cream custard by whisking the sugar with the cornstarch & agar powder and then add that to the plant milk in a large sauce pot
- Bring everything to a full rolling boil over medium to high heat whisking constantly to avoid scorching
- Once it comes to a full boil remove from the heat and add the vegan butter and the peach extract, whisk smooth
- Transfer the hot custard to a large mixing bowl & whisk to release the intense heat.
- Continue whisking every so often until the custard is slightly cooler than body temperature approx. 90°F
- Add the chopped peaches
- Then add the vegan whipped cream in 2 additions, whisking & folding gently to incorporate
- Pour into the baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate to set
- Proceed as the instructions above specify to finish the pie