Ok so I added this one to my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies recipe series, and I know it’s not nearly a cookie!
But these Peppermint Cake Balls are a great addition to the holiday cookie platter!
They look so awesome and they taste even better!
I am not a big fan of candy canes, I never really was; so I was a bit on the fence about rolling these balls so completely in the crushed canes.
I thought it would be overpowering and only a true candy cane lover would appreciate them.
But no! They are perfect!
Not too much cane at all!
It is a perfect balance of cake, buttercream, white chocolate coating and crushed candy cane!
It does not get any more perfect than this!
How many times did I say perfect?
There just is no other word!
Make these now!
You will be so happy you did and they are so easy!
Also, I used the American buttercream recipe
- Bake you cake recipe and prepare the buttercream ahead of time
- Once the cake is completely cooled, break it up in a large bowl and add the vanilla buttercream and ½ cup of the crushed candy canes and peppermint oil
- Mix to the consistency you desire by adding more or less buttercream to taste
- Scoop the balls onto parchment lined sheet pans and then roll them for perfect shape. *Be sure to wear gloves to prevent any bacteria getting trapped inside the cake balls! No one wants to bite into a moldy cake ball!
- Refrigerate while you melt the vegan white chocolate then dip them to coat completely, be sure to roll them into the crushed candy cakes before the chocolate sets