Everyone needs a perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe.
Well look no further!
Here you go!
The Best Vegan Vanilla Cake Recipe out there!
I’m always surprised at which recipes go viral and this one is just so simple that I really didn’t think it would get much attention.
Boy was I wrong!
This recipe is getting shared by the thousands daily all over social media!
If that isn’t validation enough that you need not look any further, I don’t know what is!
This truly is my go-to recipe for everything I need to make with vanilla cake.
Super light and fluffy cake that is the closest to a vegan white cake that you are ever going to get!
By using golden flax meal for the egg replacer instead of brown flax meal you won’t even see the flecks!
Perfect cupcakes, amazing cake layers and this recipe is even a winner as lady fingers sponge cake that I used for my Tiramisu Cheesecake!
Before we get started I want to share a really awesome recent comment from someone regarding this exact recipe.
She said: “Thank you, thank you, thank you!
My Mom hasn’t been able to find a vegan cake recipe in which the cake stays firm enough and ‘together’ enough to decorate easily.
I just made this vanilla cake and I used a hand mixer and took it out of the oven twice.
Having to put it back in because it didn’t seem done. (I’m not a baker!)
And still it turned out wonderfully!
Very impressed with how the cake held up to decorating and we are now considering using this recipe for a wedding cake! Thank you again!”
How awesome is that!?
The best payback for me is when people tell me how much they love my recipes!
So when I say “this is the best” (which I often do say that about my recipes! LOL) I am not just saying that!
True testimonials so you can be sure that I’m not just another blogger claiming to have the best recipes!
Seriously, how can EVERYONE have “the best” recipe!?
So while you may be thinking, “Eh I don’t need to try this recipe, I already have a vanilla cake that works….”
Please do try just one more!
You will be so happy you did!
This cake transforms into the most perfect birthday cake or celebration cake too!
This cake stays fresh for days so you can bake the layers up way in advance to make your assembly day a breeze!
Paired with my vanilla buttercream and homemade vegan sprinkles you really have it all right here in one place!
I have about 5 different recipes for buttercream that you may want to check out my post for Choosing the Best Buttercream.
All listed on one page with a brief explanation of each to help you determine which is the best recipe for you!
I’ve just kept it simple birthday cake style decor with a light buttercream filling and icing and don’t forget the homemade Vegan Sprinkles too!
A fun little project you can make in bulk on a rainy day and store all the colors of the rainbow for when you need them later!
And for those who are already asking, yes you can add the homemade vegan sprinkles to this cake batter for a Funfetti Cake batter!
One more thing and this one is the most important!
If you have trouble getting a true vanilla taste to come through for your vanilla cakes I completely understand, but I have the perfect trick-fix for you!!
Vanilla extract is so expensive nowadays and seriously how much can we dump into one recipe with no real results?
If you use Vanilla Soy Milk in this recipe rather than just plain, the vanilla in the soy milk will intensify this batter and that is what sets this recipe apart from any other!
You’re welcome in advance!
I am omitting the salt from the recipe, since there is a heavy amount of baking powder in addition to the Vegan Butter (*earth balance tends to be high in salt) I will recommend using Aluminum Free and low sodium baking powder as well
If you want to use an egg replacer instead of the flax as listed below, you can use any one you prefer and follow the directions listed on the package to replace 2 eggs. If your egg replacer asks you to reconstitute with liquid, use some of the liquid from this recipe listed below DO NOT ADD MORE LIQUID.
- For the Vanilla Cake
- White Vinegar 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
- Vanilla Soy Milk 1 cup (237ml) *or any milk alternative of your choice
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoon (10ml)
- Cake Flour 2½ cup (300g) *all purpose is ok if you cannot get cake flour CLICKHERE
- Golden Flax meal 4 Tablespoons (36g) *Or egg replacer, see note above
- Hot Water 10 Tablespoons (150ml)
- Granulated Sugar 1½ cup (300g)
- Baking Powder 4 teaspoons (20g) *see not above
- Vegan Butter 12 Tablespoons (170g)
- 1 recipe Buttercream of your choice * I am using the Aquafaba Swiss meringue Buttercream for this cake
- 1 Recipe Homemade Vegan Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare your cake pans *see note above with professional bakery pan grease and parchment liners.
- First prepare the cake batter
- Combine the flax meal with the hot water and let stand to thicken
- Add the vinegar to the soy milk to sour then add the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and slat if you are using it
- Cream the vegan butter with the sugar until light and fluffy and this may take about 3-5 minutes on medium to high speed, scrape the bottom & sides of the bowl to ensure an even mix
- Add the flax paste to the creaming mixture while mixing on medium speed, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate evenly, whip on high for 30 seconds to emulsify
- Add about ⅓ of the flour to the creamed mixture while mixing on low speed just until combined, then add half of the remaining soured milk
- Add another ⅓ of the flour and then the remaining sour milk
- Add the last amount of flour and mix just to combine evenly.
- Portion the batter between your greased and parchment lined cake pans and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
- Meanwhile prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice by following the recipe on that blog post
- Build and ice the cake as you desire or as shown in the video and then decorate with my recipe for homemade vegan sprinkles!
I do not like to freeze vegan cakes, as the texture will be compromised to a very dense heavy cake.
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW FOR MORE RECIPES USING THE BEST VEGAN VANILLA CAKE RECIPE