A new spin on the classic Pumpkin Pie recipe!
This year it is in a tart shell and with a 3 nut crust! Oh yeah!
This vegan pumpkin cream pie, tart or whatever you want to call it is like two desserts in one because that nut crust just won’t quit!
It is so delicious just on it’s own, but then pile on that creamy pumpkin pie filling and you are in pumpkin heaven! I promise!
So whether you have some dairy or egg allergy people at your Thanksgiving dinner this year or you just want to follow a cruelty free lifestyle like me!
HERE IS YOUR RECIPE!
Oh by the way- easy easy homemade VEGAN sweetened condensed milk if you can’t find it in the store. (Recipe below!)
To make the vegan sweetened condensed milk simmer 3 cups of almond or soy milk with ½ cup of sugar for 2 hours until it is thick and about 1 cup volume
I am using a 10" Tart Pan but you can make this into a pie just the same
- For the Nut Crust:
- 3 Cups of your nut of choice (450g)
- Coconut Oil 2 tablespoons (30ml)
- Maple Syrup 2 Tablespoons
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Canned Pumpkin 1¼ cup (360g)
- EnerG Egg Replacer 4½ teaspoons
- Warm Water 6 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ginger ½ teaspoon
- Cloves ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Almond milk ½ cup (120ml)
- Vegan Sweetened Condensed Milk ¾ cup
- For the Coconut Cream Topping
- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated over night
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind the toasted nuts in a food processor and then add the cinnamon, coconut oil and maple syrup
- Press into the tart pan or pie plate and freeze while you prepare the filling for the pumpkin pie
- Add warm water to the egg replacer and whisk smooth
- Combine all the pie ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Pour into frozen crust and bake at 350°F oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until it is no longer liquid in the center, it will jiggle like Jell-O but not be liquidy
- Cool completely then skip the solid fat from teh can of coconut milk (discard the liquid or use it in another recipe) whip the coconut fat with the confectioners sugar and vanilla to a whipping cream consistency, top the tart with the whipped cream
Leftovers will store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days