Literally thirty minutes ago my aunt posted a recipe to Facebook for these cookies from MomOnTimeOut.com
The original recipe is not vegan, but hey no problem!
In less than 18 minutes I had these babies veganized with a tweaked up recipe that even has less sugar!
The results are in: Salted Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
Chunky, cake-y, chewy, gooey, chocolate-y, peanut buttery lightly salted cookies that will knock your socks off!
These cookies are definitely of the “soft batch” variety so if you like super soft cookies these are surely for you!
No video for this one (sorry!)
But these cookies are so easy to make; if you have even the most basic baking abilities (or non-abilities!) you will be eating these in less than one hour~ I promise!
*Side Note: This entire recipe baked into an 8″ 8″ pan would make the most EPIC Blondies EVER!! You;re welcome 🙂
I've been trying to cut some of the sugar out of my baking lately, so I decide to use ¼ cup of Stevia in place of the ¼ cup of the granulated sugar from below recipe with great results
- All Purpose Flour 1¾ cups (218g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Egg Replacer (*see note above) 2 teaspoons OR 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Vegan Butter ½ cup (113g)
- Creamy Peanut Butter ¼ cup (56g)
- Ripe Bananas 2 small (approx ⅔ cup)
- Light Brown Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Semi Sweet vegan chocolate chips, chunks or I prefer to use a bar of chocolate for super melt-y chocolate! 1 - 1½ cups
- Crushed Peanuts *Optional ½ cup
- Course grain pink sea salt *optional as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream the vegan butter with the peanut butter and brown sugar and stevia if using (or granulated sugar) until well combined, about 2 minutes
- Add the vanilla extract and the mashed banana, mix well
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, egg replacer or cornstarch and salt) mix just until combined
- Add the chocolate chips & optional peanuts and mix well.
- Scoop the cookies with a 2ounce cookie scoop or simply drop large tablespoons full into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each cookie with course grain sea salt and bake for 12-18 minutes or until lightly golden browned or to your desired level of done-ness
- Cool 10 minutes on the pan before serving (IF you can wait that long!)
These cookies re definitely of the "soft batch" variety and they will get softer as they sit. They remind me of Whoopie Pies or Banana Cake Cookies