Here is another great recipe using the Plant Based Egg egg replacer by Freely Vegan.
You will love all the recipes using this egg replacer as it makes baking easy and successful every time.
These triple chocolate muffins are so moist and packed with chocolate, just the way I love everything to be!
You may have a hard time finding the white chocolate chips (or maybe you just don’t love them) but either way, you can leave them out altogether and just make these double chocolate instead.
Triple Chocolate Muffins
Serves: 8 standard muffins
- Plant Based Egg 2 teaspoons (4.8g)
- All Purpose Flour ¾ cup
- Unsweetened natural Cocoa Powder (not dutch process!) ⅓ cup
- Baking Powder 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda ¼ teaspoon
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Coconut Oil or Melted Vegan Butter 5 Tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Soy Milk ½ cup
- Vegan Chocolate Chips ½ cup
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips ¼ cup
- Combine both sugars, the melted oil or vegan butter, salt, milk and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl and whisk smooth
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and plant based egg then add to the liquids in the mixing bowl and whisk everything smooth
- Add the chips and fold together evenly
- Scoop batter into paper lined muffin tin and then sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips *optional
- bake in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until they are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers.
Leave a Reply