This recipe for Vegan Donuts is ready in less than 20 minutes!
All you need is a donut pan and a bowl to whisk everything up in!
No mixers required, just a few friends to share these with or you may be sorry as they have a tendency to disappear pretty quickly!
I have always loved cake style donuts more than a fried yeast donut.
- All Purpose Flour 1¼ cup (156g)
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (4g)
- Plant Milk ½ cup (120ml)
- Brown Sugar ⅓ cup (70g)
- Ground Flax Seed 1 Tablespoon (8g)
- Hot Water 3 Tablespoons (45ml)
- Coconut Oil Melted 4 teaspoons (20ml)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Combine ground flax seed with hot water and whisk smooth
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes to thicken to a paste
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar and flax egg and salt and whisk smooth
- Add the sifted flour & baking soda and whisk smooth.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag and pipe half way to the top into each of the cavities.
- Bake immediately in a preheated 325°F oven for approximately 8-12 minutes for the mini's & possibly 16-20 minutes for the larger.
- When they spring back when gently pressed they are done
- Cool while you prepare the glaze.
- Combine the confectioners sugar with water or your favorite plant milk, whisk smooth.
- Add more sugar for stiffer icing or more liquid for looser icing.
- Dip cooled donuts in glaze and decorate with sprinkles