This year to honor my favorite Christmas character
That adorable Grumpy Grinch, I am making Vegan Grinch Blossoms!
In the perfect shade of Grinchy Green these Grinch Blossoms are going to be the star of your holiday cookie assortment this year!
Soft and Chewy cake cookie with a homemade vegan chocolate kiss on top!
But no Vegan Grinch Blossoms are complete without “the small heart that grew three sizes that day“
Made with vegan white chocolate colored red! But of course sprinkles could be an easier option!
You can even make your own heart sprinkles with my recipe here!
This website may contain links as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, which means when you click a link and make a purchase through my website I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you
Notes for Success & Tools I Used:
Egg replacer is not completely necessary here, although any one you prefer will really work.
I have used flax meal and aquafaba with great results, however this time I used Bob’s Red Mill *not sponsored
Non tempering chocolate is also known as coating chocolate or compound chocolate which does not require tempering for it to set.
It is very user friendly for beginners but of course does not taste as good as real chocolate couverture.
There is no YouTube video for how to make these Grinch Blossoms but the instructions are so easy!
- 1 ~ 15.25oz Box Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
- All Purpose Flour ¼ cup (30g)
- Dry Blend Egg Replacer 1 Tablespoon *I use Bob's Red Mill *see notes
- Plant Milk 6 Tablespoons (90ml)
- Vegetable Oil 8 Tablespoons (118ml)
- Green & Yellow Food Color 1 drop of each
- Vegan Chocolate White or Dark or Both 8 ounces each *see notes
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients together with a whisk or a spatula to a smooth batter~ it will be thick like brownie batter, more like a dough
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes while you prepare the vegan chocolate kisses
- Melt the vegan chocolates according to the instructions on your package, if you are using a non tempering chocolate that sets without the need to temper *see notes
- Carefully spoon or pipe the melted chocolate into the chocolate kiss mold and refrigerate to accelerate setting *this can also be done days or weeks in advance!
- Once the cookie dough has chilled scoop balls of dough approximately 1 Tbs or use a #100 scoop and roll each ball into granulated sugar before lining them up on a parchment lined sheet pan spaced 2 inches apart
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 10-15minutes *I think mine took 12 minutes to very light golden~ do not over bake or the cookies will be dry. I like mine slightly chewy & soft inside.
- Remove from the oven and cool for just a minute or two before placing the chocolate kiss in the center of each one.
- If the cookies are too hot your chocolate kiss will melt too much, but just the right temperature & they will melt just enough to stick to the cookie
- Place a chocolate heart or a sprinkle heart on each cookie
Grinch Blossoms will stay fresh at room temperature in a cool airtight container for up to 1 week.
For longer storage freeze for up to 2 months