When you’ve got an awesome base recipe like this pumpkin cake
The spinoff possibilities are endless!
The best pumpkin recipe just keeps on giving!
White chocolate and cranberries are meant to be together!
Change my mind.
This White Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Bread will definitely change yours!
The tart cranberry and the sweet white chocolate are literal perfection in this
Super moist pumpkin cake that identifies as a loaf bread
I mean let’s face it, any cake recipe can be turned into a loaf!
Or a muffin for that matter!
Alright, I know it’s a cupcake, but cupcakes are merely muffins with icing on them, Duh!
Let’s focus on this loaf though!
Studded with vegan white chocolate chips and fresh cranberries
And iced with my new recipe for No Refrigerator Cream Cheese Icing!
This is actually my No Shortening recipe for buttercream that I’ve added a secret ingredient to make it taste exactly like Cream Cheese Icing!
Only there’s no need to refrigerate it because there is NO CREAM CHEESE IN THE RECIPE!
The icing is definitely optional because this cake, err I mean bread, can surely stand alone!
But why no go the full length with this one and add some decadence!
The candied cranberries and rosemary for garnish are also optional
However they sure do make a really pretty presentation
This small easy recipe for candied cranberries turns this loaf into a beautiful holiday cake!
Notes for Success:
I am using a large 1.5lb loaf pan for this recipe today
This is essentially my Pumpkin Cake recipe but I have switched the flours in reverse to turn it into a more dense bread texture
The White Chocolate Chips are optional and can be left out with no changes to the recipe
The candied cranberries and rosemary can be made weeks in advance and stored in the freezer.
Simply re-toss them with some more granulated sugar after they thaw to refresh the shiny glistening sugar coating!
I added frozen cranberries to my batter because as they thaw they break down slightly which is better for baking inside of a bread.
I don’t love giant whole fresh cranberries in my bread but if you have fresh ones
Simply rough chop them before adding to the batter this way they are a bit smaller for each bite.
For more awesome cranberry recipes click the links below!
- For the Pumpkin Bread
- Vegetable Oil 12 Tablespoons (180ml)
- Light Brown Sugar 1 cup (210g)
- Plant Milk *I use soy 1½ cup (354ml)
- Vinegar 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Canned Pumpkin 1 cup (250g) *see notes for homemade puree in the article above the recipe
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup (125g)
- Cake Flour 2 cup (240g) *see notes in text above the recipe box
- Baking Soda 2 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ground Ginger 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cardamom ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cloves pinch
- Ground Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries *I use frozen see notes above recipe
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- OR 3 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Recipe No Refrigerator Cream Cheese Icing
- For the Candied Cranberries & Rosemary *optional
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar + additional sugar for tossing them
- 2 cups cranberries
- Springs of rosemary as needed *washed and picked of the best sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Grease the loaf pan well
- Combine the vinegar with the soy milk (soy milk is the only milk that will thicken with vinegar, but you can use another plant milk of your choice)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oil, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin, and then the thickened vinegar/plant milk and whisk to combine well
- Sift the flour with all the spices and the baking soda and add it all at once to the wet mixture in the bowl
- Whisk smooth
- Add the roughly chopped fresh or frozen cranberries and the vegan white chocolate and mix to distribute evenly
- Pour into the greased loaf pan
- Bake immediately in the preheated 350°F oven for approximately 45-55 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- If your bread looks like it is getting too browned on the top you can turn the oven temperature down to 325°F at mid way through and bake until it's done.
- Prepare the candied cranberries & rosemary by combing the sugar & water together in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes them remove from the heat
- Add the cranberries & rosemary and leave them in for about 5 minutes to steep
- Drain and then toss the cranberries & rosemary in a bowl of sugar then shake off the excess and place on a parchment lined sheet pan to dry for about an hour or overnight
- Prepare the no shortening recipe for buttercream icing as per the instructions on that page and be sure to add the secret ingredient to make it into a No Refrigerator Cream Cheese Icing!! 🙂
- Ice the loaf when cooled and then garnish with the candied cranberries & rosemary
Un-iced bread can be frozen for up to 1 month