Everyone needs a great Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
Not only is it great to serve at a family breakfast or for teat time; but you can turn this exact recipe into pumpkin streusel muffins for a sweet grab and go treat!
For a dessert option that is great for Thanksgiving or any buffet style dinner, Pumpkin Bread Pudding is not only easy but so good!
Add a little Vegan Whipped Cream and you are the star of the show!
If you are using Earth Balance vegan butter like I am, I find it to be salty, but the ½ teaspoon listed in the recipe below seems to be good for my tastes. You can omit the salt altogether if you like.
I am using the Plant Based Egg egg replacer by Freely Vegan as I find it to be the best on the market. It is worth buying it as it has a shelf life of over 1 year and I have been using it for pretty much everything anyway!
- Light Brown Sugar packed 1 cup (210g)
- Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil 6 Tablespoons
- The Plant Based Egg egg replacer 2 teaspoons (4.8g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Solid Pumpkin 1½ cup (300g)
- Plant Milk ½ cup (120ml)
- All Purpose Flour 2 cups (260g)
- Cinnamon 1¼ teaspoon
- Ground Ginger ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Cloves pinch
- Salt ½ teaspoon (6g)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (5g)
- Cinnamon-Sugar for coating
- For the pumpkin batter, combine light brown sugar with the spices and whisk to distribute evenly, add the pumpkin, oil, plant milk and the vanilla extract and whisk smooth
- Next sift together the flour with baking soda, egg replacer and the salt and add it to the sugar/pumpkin mixture in the bowl.
- Whisk smooth
- Pour into a greased standard loaf pan (9" x 5")
- Bake in a preheated 350°F and bake for 45-55 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool the bread in the pan until you can safely touch it with your hands, then un-mold it and coat it with cinnamon sugar
- Cool the rest of the way on a rack