Lately I’ve been seeing “Tiramisu Everything” with combinations that are not even close to the traditional Tiramisu!
So why not have an apple lasagna to go with it?
Layers of sauteed cinnamon apples, graham crackers & cinnamon mousse
This Apple Lasagna recipe takes center stage and believe me it will be the number one hit at your next gathering!
With the best vegan toffee you will ever try!
I don’t make my own graham crackers but if you do, by all means get down with your bad self
But for the lazier human we have Nabisco original graham crackers to help us out as they are accidentally vegan with no honey added.
We also have so many options to choose from when it comes to vegan whipped cream too
SILK Brand Heavy Whipping Cream is fast becoming my favorite *not sponsored
But there is also SoDelicious whipped topping found in most grocery freezer sections.
Just like Cool Whip from our last lives, this non dairy whipped topping is the easiest option since you just open up the tub and slather it on!
For those who are not so fortunate to find these products readily available, I have several homemade Vegan Whipped Cream Options for you
CLICK HERE FOR VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM RECIPES
The Vegan Toffee Recipe is courtesy of Vegan Kitchen Magick and is probably the most difficult part of the entire recipe
But I still wouldn’t recommend you skip it!
Vegan Toffee makes this Apple Lasagna complete with a slight buttery crunch to each bite.
The sautéed cinnamon apples get a dose of brandy but for those who are alcohol free just sub in apple juice instead!
The entire lasagna is really simple to assemble and of course it is no bake so that is always a win in my book!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS APPLE LASAGNA RECIPE
For more No Bake Recipes click the links below!
No Bake Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
No Bake Vegan Fruit and Custard Tart
No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Tart
- 1 Box of Nabisco Graham Crackers (you will use 2½ packages from the box)
- For the Apples:
- 3-4 medium sized apples peeled & sliced to about ⅛ inch thick
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- All Purpose Flour 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Ground Ginger ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Brandy 3 Tablespoons *optional
- Maple Syrup 1 Tablespoon
- Vegan Butter 1 Tablespoon
- For the Cream Cheese Mousse:
- 2 Packages Vegan Cream Cheese (454g)
- Confectioners Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- 2 cans Coconut Milk (full fat) refrigerated overnight
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Light Brown Sugar 2 Tablespoons
- Vegan Toffee Recipe *optional for sprinkling on top
- Caramel Recipe for the topping
- First prepare the apples by melting the vegan butter in a large skillet over high heat and then add the slices apples. Let them cook down for about 5 minutes stirring frequently then add the brown sugar, flour and spices and stir well to combine
- Stirring often, let the apples cook down for about 10 minutes, I cover the pan with a lid from time to time to get them nice and steamy.
- Add the brandy and the maple syrup and cook until they are tender but not mushy- total time about 15 minutes of cooking
- Remove from the heat and cool completely
- Prepare the coconut whipping cream for the mousse by opening the cold cans and scoop the fat from the top, reserve the liquid for another recipe and then whip the coconut fat with a whip attachment until soft peaks form.
- Reserve while you prepare the cream cheese mousse base by combining the vegan cream cheese, sifted confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and light brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl (you can use an electric mixer, but vegan cream cheese breaks down very easily and by hand mixing you can be sure you won't turn it into soup!)
- Fold the coconut whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and then get ready to assemble the dessert.
- In the bottom of a 9"x9" baking pan arrange the graham crackers
- Layer with ⅓ of the mousse mixture and then top with half of the apples.
- Layer with more graham crackers, another ⅓ of the mousse and the other half of the apples.
- A final layer of graham crackers and the last of the cream cheese mousse.
- I sprinkled the entire top with a recipe of Vegan Toffee Bark but this is optional as is the Vegan Caramel Recipe for a drizzle on top
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving, the lasagna actually got better the next day just like a traditional lasagna!
Thank you for another great recipe.
I cannot find vegan cream cheese where I live.
Are there any other substitutes I could use ?
Many thanks. Janet
Hi Janet, can you make your own from cashews?
Have you used cultured cashew cream cheese in your recipes? Specifically cheesecake? I was worried the increased fiber vs tofutti and the like might mess up the consistency.
I have not used that – no
Hi, have been flowing you on fb for quite a bit – you’re an absolute inspiration.
You have mentioned couple of times there was a certain brand of cream cheese you’re using: please remind me which one that was (I’m gonna try and make one of recipes for this thanksgiving). Thanks in advance
Hi Thankyou!! I only use Tofutti brand in BAKED recipes because the others I have been able to get (Violife/Daiya) turned to an oily mess when BAKED! If you are using the vegan cream cheese in NON baked recipes you can use whatever you love the most!
*I will notes, someone on a facebook post last week said she used Violfe in a baked cheesecake (*my recipe) and she said it did not turn to an oily, mess, perhaps they changed the recipe??