Apple desserts typically evoke visions of leaves falling and crisp cool weather
But who says we can’t have luscious apple desserts in the summer?
With another no bake recipe for these hot humid days, there will be no ovens today my friends!
This Apple Lasagna recipe takes center stage and believe me it will be the number one hit at your next gathering!
Layers of sauteed cinnamon apples, graham crackers & cinnamon mousse
With the best vegan toffee you will ever try!
I don’t make my own graham crackers but if you do, by all means get down with your bad self
But for the lazier human we have Nabisco original graham crackers to help us out as they are accidentally vegan with no honey added.
We also have so many options to choose from when it comes to vegan whipped cream too
SILK Brand Heavy Whipping Cream is fast becoming my favorite *not sponsored
But there is also SoDelicious whipped topping found in most grocery freezer sections.
Just like Cool Whip from our last lives, this non dairy whipped topping is the easiest option since you just open up the tub and slather it on!
But for those who are not so fortunate to find these products readily available, I have several homemade Vegan Whipped Cream Options for you
The Vegan Toffee Recipe is courtesy of Vegan Kitchen Magick and is probably the most difficult part of the entire recipe
But I still wouldn’t recommend you skip it!
Vegan Toffee makes this Apple Lasagna complete with a slight buttery crunch to each bite.
The sautéed cinnamon apples get a dose of brandy but for those who are alcohol free just sub in apple juice instead!
The entire lasagna is really simple to assemble and of course it is no bake so that is always a win in my book!
For more No Bake Recipes click the links below!
- 1 Box of Nabisco Graham Crackers (you will use 2½ packages from the box)
- For the Apples:
- 3-4 medium sized apples peeled & sliced to about ⅛ inch thick
- Light Brown Sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- All Purpose Flour 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Ground Ginger ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg ¼ teaspoon
- Brandy 3 Tablespoons *optional
- Maple Syrup 1 Tablespoon
- Vegan Butter 1 Tablespoon
- For the Cream Cheese Mousse:
- 2 Packages Vegan Cream Cheese (454g)
- Confectioners Sugar 1 cup (120g)
- 2 cans Coconut Milk (full fat) refrigerated overnight
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Light Brown Sugar 2 Tablespoons
- Vegan Toffee Recipe *optional for sprinkling on top
- Optional Caramel Recipe for the topping
- First prepare the apples by melting the vegan butter in a large skillet over high heat and then add the slices apples. Let them cook down for about 5 minutes stirring frequently then add the brown sugar, flour and spices and stir well to combine
- Stirring often, let the apples cook down for about 10 minutes, I cover the pan with a lid from time to time to get them nice and steamy.
- Add the brandy and the maple syrup and cook until they are tender but not mushy- total time about 15 minutes of cooking
- Remove from the heat and cool completely
- Prepare the coconut whipping cream for the mousse by opening the cold cans and scoop the fat from the top, reserve the liquid for another recipe and then whip the coconut fat with a whip attachment until soft peaks form.
- Reserve while you prepare the cream cheese mousse base by combining the vegan cream cheese, sifted confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and light brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl (you can use an electric mixer, but vegan cream cheese breaks down very easily and by hand mixing you can be sure you won't turn it into soup!)
- Fold the coconut whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and then get ready to assemble the dessert.
- In the bottom of a 9"x9" baking pan arrange the graham crackers
- Layer with ⅓ of the mousse mixture and then top with half of the apples.
- Layer with more graham crackers, another ⅓ of the mousse and the other half of the apples.
- A final layer of graham crackers and the last of the cream cheese mousse.
- I sprinkled the entire top with a recipe of Vegan Toffee Bark but this is optional as is the Vegan Caramel Recipe for a drizzle on top
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving, the lasagna actually got better the next day just like a traditional lasagna!