The classic Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla~ Neapolitan Cake is here!
You will be surprised how light this cake is despite everything going on all at once!
This is a hefty building on recipes project since you do have to make 3 different cake recipes plus the buttercream and fudge icings; so this is not for the weak hearted since it will seem as if you are spending an eternity in the kitchen!
I do break it all down for you below to take you step by step through the process to make it all easier!
If you are not up to measuring & mixing the scratch recipe for the vanilla & chocolate cakes, you can always use my Cake Mix Box Hack CLICK HERE *Just note you will ONLY NEED ½ Box each!
- ½ Recipe Vanilla Cake
- ½ Recipe Chocolate Cake
- ½ Recipe Strawberry Cake
- 1 Recipe Buttercream of your choice *I am using American style buttercream
- ¼ Recipe Fudge Icing OR ½ Recipe Ganache
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Compote OR additional strawberry powder for the buttercream flavoring
- Optional garnishes: I used sandwich cookies, strawberry halves and sprinkles
- Prepare your 8" cake pans with my professional bakery pan grease & parchment liners
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare the cake batters as per the instructions on those recipes and then prepare the buttercream & fudge (or ganache).
- Assemble the cake as shown in the video tutorial
While the recipe links above direct you to HALF recipes of all the cakes to get just that one layer of cake needed for this Neapolitan Cake, I do recommend to just go ahead and mix the entire recipes!
You can freeze the excess (baked layers) for a later project OR make the extra batter into cupcakes like I did for these awesome Strawberry Cupcakes!
If you do decide to just cut the recipes in order to NOT have excess, BE CAREFUL with your math on adjusting these recipes to 1/2 & 1/4!
This is where most people have recipe failures! Double check your math before mixing!