Attention Everyone: Black Chocolate Cake for Halloween is going to change your life.
Believe me, I will be making this cake as my go to chocolate cake recipe from now until the end of time.
I am sincerely IN LOVE.
This cake is seriously moist, I have never had another cake that is better than this!
And what better way to pop those vibrant buttercream colors than up against a deep dark black chocolate cake?
Add some candy monster eyeballs dripping down the sides with chocolate fondant glaze and you are all set for a spooky delicious Halloween party!
Needless to say, it isn’t just for Halloween, but since Trick or Treat day is right around the corner;
Let’s wait not another minute longer! As I know this will become your all-time favorite chocolate cake!
And oh yeah, two more things to add to the excitement~ it’s VEGAN! and your don’t need a mixer!
So whether you are vegan or not~ I promise you will love it!
- For the Cake
- All Purpose Flour 1½ cups + 3 Tablespoons (212g)
- Granulated Sugar ¾ cup (150g)
- Salt ½ teaspoon (3g)
- Baking Powder 1½ teaspoon (6g)
- Baking Soda 1½ teaspoons (6g)
- Coconut Oil 7 Tablespoons (98g)
- Boiling Water 1½ cup (360ml)
- Dutch Process or Natural Cocoa Powder ¾ cup (70g)
- Ground Flax Seeds 6 Tablespoons (48g)
- Hot Water 9 Tablespoons (135ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- 1 Recipe Vegan Vanilla Buttercream
- Combine ground flax seed with the 9Tbs of hot water and whisk smooth
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes to thicken to a paste
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & soda together in a large mixing bowl
- Combine the coconut oil, 1½ cup boiling water and cocoa powder together and whisk smooth
- Add the cocoa mixture and the flax eggs mixture along with the vanilla extract to the flour mixture and whisk smooth
- Pour batter into 3 greased and parchment lined cake pans and bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 25 -35 minutes or until the layers are springy to the touch when you gently press the centers
- Cool cakes in the pan then flip them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely while you prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice