I like Bunny Butts and I cannot lie.
Yes I am 12 years old.
Seriously how cute is this cake!
This cake was originally supposed to showcase my homemade Vegan Cadbury Eggs,
But I became obsessed with the little bunny butt sticking out of the side as he burrowed his way into my cake looking for more carrots!
So while I am still showcasing my homemade Vegan Cadbury Eggs in a white chocolate coconut nest on top…. that bunny butt just won’t quit!
A plethora of all my favorite things adorn this cake for the ultimate in Easter Cakes!
Layers of Chocolate and Vanilla Cake, peanut butter buttercream & fudge swirl filling
With a thin coating of peanut butter buttercream and a draping of fondant as a canvas to paint my spring grass and royal icing flowers.
Buttercream icing can surely be used instead.
The white chocolate nest & knock off Cadbury Creme Eggs vegan style are optional if you rather get ol’ Bunny Butt front and center on top of that cake instead.
I really love the way this cake turned out
It is a compilation of all my Easter favorites without being too over the top (I hope).
Sometimes when I get to decorating I just don’t know when to stop!
For the royal icing spring flowers I use :
Confectioner’s Sugar 1½ cup (180ml)
Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
Aquafaba or Water 1 Tablespoon (15ml)
Color as needed
Mix everything together to a paste then pipe with a #129 Wilton Drop Flower tip onto parchment paper and let dry overnight, then just peel them off the paper and add to your cake!
1 recipe for 2 8" cake layers will make 1 layer 12" x 18" sheet cake or 3-7" cake layers
- ½ Recipe Vegan Chocolate Cake
- ½ Recipe Vegan Vanilla Cake
- ½ Recipe Fudge Filling
- 1 Recipe Buttercream
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 lbs Satin Ice Fondant
- Food Color as needed
- Cadbury Creme Eggs Recipe *optional
- For the White Chocolate Coconut Nest:
- Vegan White Chocolate 3 ounces
- Unsweetened Coconut ¾ cup
- Green Food Color
- Prepare all of your recipes in advance for the cake and fillings and decor.
- When making the buttercream, divide it to make a smaller portion green for the decorations and the rest will get the peanut butter for the filling and crumb coating
- To make the white chocolate coconut nest melt the vegan white chocolate then add the coconut and the food color, mix well, then press into a plastic wrap lined bowl to take shape making a well in the center to hold your Easter eggs
- Build you cake as per the video instruction