Who needs cannoli when you can have a Cannoli Roll Cake!
Ok I need cannoli too!
But let’s focus here! Today it’s all about CAKE!
In my old age I have come to love no mixer required recipes!
This Cannoli Roll Cake is in that category for sure!
From the easy hand mixing of the cannoli cream filling to the equally simplistic roulade, this cake is even easier to eat!
**PS- the video tutorial below highlights my Vegan Baking Mastery Course for Egg Replacers that I was offering a couple years ago, sadly that course is no longer available for purchase.
It’s hard to put a precise serving quantity on this recipe because well, I ate half of it myself so maybe three?
Three people? Me, Myself and I!
Haha, just kidding (not really!)
Ok enough blah blah blah… here’s the recipe!
- All Purpose Flour 2cup + 2 Tbs (275g)
- Baking Powder 4 teaspoons (20g)
- Sifted Confectioners Sugar 1½ cups (180g)
- Melted Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter 9 Tablespoons (126g)
- Plant Milk 1½ cups (354ml)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons (10ml)
- Salt **I have been leaving it out because if you do not have sodium free baking powder, this cake will have way too much salt in conjunction with the vegan butter as well!
- Combine the melted coconut oil or vegan butter with the plant milk and vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sifted confectioners’ sugar with the flour and baking powder whisk smooth.
- Add the liquids and mix smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased and parchment lined 12” x 18” sheet pan and bake immediately in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately 15-18minutes or when it is springy to the touch
- when you gently press the center or a toothpick inserted comes
- out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan then loosen the edges with
- a small spatula and slide it out onto your work table. Sprinkle
- the top with a small amount of sugar (to prevent sticking to the
- paper) then roll it up jelly roll style while it is still warm and
- let it cool completely.
- Fill with cannoli filling 8recipe below when the cake has cooled
FOR THE ROLL CAKE:
FOR THE CANNOLI CREAM FILLING:
- Tofutti Ricotta Cheese 1½ cup (375g)
- Tofutti Cream Cheese 1 cup (226g)
- Confectioners Sugar ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons (75g)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)
- Orange Zest ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- Combine the vegan cream cheese, cinnamon, sifted confectioners sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract together and paddle it smooth by hand with a large spoon or spatula.
- Fold in the vegan ricotta cheese.