Tired of hardened chocolate pieces in your Chocolate Buttercream Recipe?
After all we’re not making chocolate chip buttercream!
Check out this awesome life hack for Easy Chocolate Buttercream
With no streaks and no melting chocolate necessary!
The secret to perfect smooth, deep chocolate buttercream is
Yep, cocoa powder and boiled water is all you need to make instant chocolate buttercream
Well that’s not all you need
First you need your favorite recipe for buttercream
Hopefully it’s mine!
Since I do have five recipes for you to choice from here on my website!
And all of them work perfectly with this addition of cocoa paste
By adding boiling water to cocoa powder, it unlocks the magical properties of the cocoa
Unleashing the most intense chocoalte flavor ever!
No added sugar either since buttercream is already super sweet
Not to mention it’s so cheap!
Cocoa powder versus chocolate? You do the math.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as little or as much as you like to add to your buttercream recipe
For a light chocolate taste I would stick to 1X the recipe below
But for super dark rich chocolate buttercream go for 3x!
I would not add much more than that to a single recipe of buttercream though since you run the risk of over saturating your emulsion
a.k.a Buttercream Recipe which can then cause curdling and an utter mess!
So add the cocoa paste slowly while mixing right after you add your vanilla extract in whatever recipe you are using
Ermine buttercream is the most fragile of all buttercream recipes, so be wary to add another more to that!
Add hot brewed coffee instead of water to the cocoa powder for added depth of flavor
Since coffee and chocolate are best friends already, they literally bring out the best in each other!
For more recipes using buttercream cake click the links below!
- Vegan Butter 3 Cups (6 sticks) (672g)
- Confectioners Sugar 6 cups (720g)
- Vanilla Extract 2 teaspoons
- Butter Extract 1 teaspoon *optional
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder 6 Tablespoons
- Hot Boiled Water 5 Tablespoons (75ml)
- Combine the cocoa paste and hot boiled water in a small bowl and whisk smooth
- Set aside and cool completely at room temperature
- Place the vegan butter & salt in the work bowl of your electric mixer with the paddle attachment
- Whip on medium to high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the sifted confectioners sugar all at once.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated then scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then mix on medium to high speed for another 3 minutes.
- Add the extracts and the cooled cocoa paste to the buttercream while mixing on low, then turn up to medium high speed and whip smooth
For longer storage keep refrigerated for up to 1 month
Freeze for 3 months