Easter was always my favorite time in the bakery.
The store was just bursting in pastels with cakes & cookies adorned in everything Easter!
Last year I went pretty extravagant with my Easter Bunny Butt Cake
But this year I wanted to keep it simple.
Simple and delicious with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Speckle Cakes.
Each one is speckled like a robins egg and a tiny chocolate coconut nest on top.
I used Little Secrets chocolate candies for the “eggs” since they are vegan and taste just like Peanut M&M’s!
These mini cakes are a really easy way to make a beautiful dessert this spring!
I used a 3½" cookie cutter to make my individual cakes and with 2 layers in each and a nice amount of filling, these cakes could easily serve 2 people!
- 1 Recipe of my best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 1 Recipe Buttercream of your choice *I used American
- Peanut Butter Powder Or Creamy Peanut Butter 1 cup
- Unsweetened Flake Coconut 1 cup
- Vegan Semi Sweet Chocolate 4ounces
- Candy eggs or jelly eggs for nest as needed
- Cocoa Powder 2 teaspoons
- Vodka or Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon
- First prepare the chocolate cake recipe as instructed on the blog post for that recipe, but bake all the batter into a greased and parchment lined 12" x 18" pan (half sheet pan)
- Next prepare the buttercream recipe of your choice *I used the American Recipe
- Divide the buttercream recipe in half and add ¾ cup of peanut butter powder to half and a full packet of the blue spirulina food color to the other half.
- Make the coconut nests by combining 1 cup unsweetened flake coconut with ¾ cup semi sweet vegan chocolate (melted) press a heaping tablespoon into mini muffin tins lined with plastic wrap.
- Once they are set they will pop right out of the molds and peel off the plastic
- Combine the cocoa powder & vodka or vanilla extract together and whisk smooth for the speckling effect
- Assemble the cakes as shown in the video
For longer storage keep refrigerated for up to 8 days, covered well